Public Relations & Marketing Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : $32,000-$35,000; commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Manager of Sales and Ticket Operations
Search Extended: Previous applicants are still under active consideration
The George Mason University Department of Intercollegiate Athletics invites applicants for Manager of Sales and Ticket Operations. This is a full-time, benefitted position and reports to the Director of Sales and Ticket Operations. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The individual in this position is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations of directing, planning, and implementing the development of ticket sales, ticket operations, projects and promotional activities. Duties include:
- Independently plan, organize, administer and implement ticketing operations for assigned sports;
- Set up events in Ticketmaster and Ticketmaster Archtics;
- Act as liaison with other athletic staff for each sport as necessary;
- Respond to customer inquiries and problems; and
- Provide support in all operational aspects for postseason games, both home and away. Ticket Sales:
- Sell group and season tickets for Mason Athletics with major emphasis on menâ€™s basketball groups;
- Manage group fan experience at all ticketed sports, with emphasis on menâ€™s basketball;
- Plan and execute Mason Athletics presence at community events;
- Assist with marketing of ticket promotions; and
- Ensure information on Web site is accurate and up-to-date. Database Maintenance:
- Maintain and grow customer database; and
- Capture new customer data, and ensure all information is imported into database and organized to effectively market to various target audiences. Event Management:
- Manage all game-day ticketing operations for assigned sport teams;
- Setup of auxiliary box offices;
- Assist in event setup, which can include transporting of setup materials;
- Work with Event Management staff to ensure communication and security needs are met for events;
- Manage player-guest admissions, media pass list, recruit admissions, will call and game-day ticket sales;
- Ensure secure transportation of monies to and from the Athletic Ticket Office; and
- Maintain accurate records for attendance calculations. Employee Supervision:
- Assist with hiring, training and managing student ticket office workers and student event attendants.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in business, sport management, marketing or related field; or equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Experience in a ticket office, preferably a Division I athletic department;
- Experience in a sales environment;
- Familiarity with ticketing software, preferably Archtics;
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to portray a positive image;
- Ability to work with and serve a diverse community;
- Willingness to work as part of a collaborative team; and
- Employment offer is contingent on meeting eligibility requirements for operating state-owned vehicles.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 09388z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-06-26