Service Dispatcher - Elev/Escalator
- High school diploma or possession of a high school equivalency certificate (GED)
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a call center environment with experience dispatching work assignments and work crews, to include at least three (3) years of experience generating and preparing data analysis reports
- Associates Degree in Information Technology, Business Technology or Certification in Computer Technology or related field.
The Service Dispatcher (Elevator and Escalator) performs maintenance monitoring and service dispatching work that requires the coordination of elevator and escalator maintenance and repair crew assignments. The incumbent receives failure reports, service requests and monitors the operation of elevator and escalators through the use of remote monitoring and camera network. The Service Dispatcher (Elevator and Escalator) inputs data via computer terminals, assigns maintenance record numbers for tracking purposes and dispatches service crews to repair sites.
- Documents procedures and observes the performance of equipment and employees against industry and WMATA established standards.
- Provides key support and communicates with Rail Operations Information Center (ROIC) and Maintenance Operations Center (MOC) dispatchers in order to increase the speed of response times by Elevator/Escalator Services (ELES) mechanics to emergency situations, such as patron entrapments or accidents.
- Assigns and dispatches personnel and equipment promptly to restore malfunctioning elevators and escalators to proper operations under routine circumstances.
- Ensures the accuracy and reliability of all data entered into the asset management system (i.e. Maximo) in order to provide a detailed history of all actions taken.
- Coordinates all support activities designed to allow access to ELES equipment by other maintenance branches or contractors.
- Works closely with MOC and Operations Control Center (OCC) to report significant events impacting revenue service, public safety, or employee safety to the appropriate ELES management staff.
- Maintains continuous contact with maintenance personnel for various outage reports and logs reflecting the status of each job (by job number) that involves ELES.
- Develops and maintains a current roster of radio call numbers and office/home numbers for ELES supervisory and maintenance staff. Tracks and maintains an up-to-date listing of personnel and equipment working in the WMATA system, to ensure continuity of operations.
- Ensures each scheduled or corrective maintenance action is directed to the attention of an appropriate ELES supervisor.
- Reviews open work order tickets and coordinates with the responsible ELES supervisor to resolve outages.
- Documents, within asset management system (i.e. Maximo), the delivery of parts and supplies to field locations, by completing appropriate paperwork and contacting parts runners and/or appropriate personnel.
- Ensures appropriate follow-up action is taken to resolve a problem or situation whenever outside agencies/contractors have been or will become involved.
- Monitors workflow and productivity of ELES mechanics or contractors to ensure compliance with ELES management directives, instructions and/or objectives. Promptly reports all accomplishments and/or failures to the appropriate ELES supervisor or manager to ensure appropriate steps can be taken accordingly.
The essential duties listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.Evaluation Criteria:Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Personal Interview Skills Assessments Verification of education and experience Criminal Background Check Successful completion of a medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening Review of a current Motor Vehicle Report