Director of Health Services
The Director of Health Services is responsible for maintaining up-to-date health records, for research and writing policies and for being the primary contact at a prominent private school in Fairfax County for all health related matters.
- Communicate with the community regarding yearly forms and major health issues that may impact the community.
- Serves as a point of contact for the community with regards to new enrollment forms and answering questions of policy and procedure.
- Serves as point of contact for Magnus (EMR) related questions
- Maintains contact with local health department authorities for immunization updates and changes and illness outbreaks.
- Serves as main point of contact for reporting compliance with state laws requiring immunization and exclusion of students with contagious diseases.
- Implements school health policies, procedures and guidelines in collaboration with school administration and Virginia Department of Health.
- Reviews absence report to identify high rate of illness in certain grades, requests additional cleaning of classrooms
- Reviews JK forms to meet state licensure requirements
- Oversees epi-pen OSHA annual training/requirements
- Inventories clinic supplies.
- Orders/purchases replacement supplies for the clinic.
- Manage the budget for the school clinic.
- Prepares duplicate paperwork for all registered Extended Day students.
- Arrange for the TB clinic and flu shot clinics
- VA unencumbered RN License
- BSN from an accredited university
- 5 years' acute nursing experience and 2 years' experience as a school RN
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook, and EMR systems
- Ability to direct and spearhead healthcare related initiatives
- Supervise a staff of 2 employees
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills