Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
This position will be responsible for managing the ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes. The Manager, Tax will also be responsible for assisting the Director, Tax and Senior Manager, International Tax with U.S. international compliance and foreign income tax compliance as well as various tax projects, as needed.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Manage monthly and annual global tax provision process (ASC740/FIN18); including footnotes and compliance with SOX.
- Manage and develop tax team members.
- Oversee outsourced non-U.S. tax compliance.
- Manage tax audits.
- Assist in international and federal tax planning.
- Manage VAT compliance and quarterly reconciliations.
- Manage U.S. international tax compliance
- Review and/or assist with tax provisions for local statutory audits
- Assist with transfer pricing studies.
- Serve as the liaison to the Accounting and Financial Reporting group
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree and be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Must have public accounting firm experience (preferred) or in-house corporate tax experience.
- Must have strong experience with calculating US tax provisions under ASC 740.
- Must have strong Excel skills.
- Familiarity with OneSource Provision software is desirable.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to work closely with peers in other groups, e.g. Accounting, Treasury, etc.
- Must have a strong accounting base/background.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills and a willingness to tackle difficult situations.
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.