AHRI Senior Policy Analyst, State and Regulatory Affairs
Senior Policy Analyst, State & Regulatory Affairs
Department: Policy and Government Relations
Job Status: Full Time
Reports To: Director, Government Relations
Experience: 3-5 years
Amount of Travel Required: 5 - 15%
The Senior Policy Analyst position is an integral part of the Policy and Government Relations team, specifically focused on support to the state government relations and regulatory affairs work of the department.
- Provides critical research on background and intent of state legislation and draft regulations
- Identifies, analyzes, evaluates, and reports on issues related to state legislation and regulations
- Provides support and coordination for state government relations and regulatory department
- Develops position papers, testimony, and regulatory comments for state and regulatory departments
- Provides assistance with State Summit, Government Affairs Committee, organizational meetings, and other department events
- Interacts with AHRI member companies and other industry officials to answer queries, and to provide assistance or referrals to appropriate staff members or organizations
- Develops and maintains knowledge of HVACR industry issues important to the association's membership
- Attends meetings, working groups, hearings, and other meetings on behalf of AHRI
- Drafts website content for the policy and public affairs department
- Drafts articles, letters, reports, and technical documents on policy and public affairs issues for publication by AHRI or other entities
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in public policy, political science, or a related field
- Three to five years related experience
- Experience at a trade association, or as legislative or regulatory staff is preferred.