Operations Manager for External Affairs
4 days left
- Full Time
Come join a team of dedicated staff at an exceptional time in Smithsonian history, as the Institution continues a comprehensive strategic plan, and expands the programming, educational, and scholarly activity of its museums and research centers. The Smithsonian’s Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery seek to sustain the momentum of the Smithsonian’s recently concluded comprehensive campaign and the museums’ reopening in October, 2017, after extensive renovation and reinstallation of their galleries.
The Freer|Sackler seek an Operations Manager to provide high-level support and manage all internal operations of its hard-working, fast-paced advancement and external affairs teams. This position is located at the Freer|Sackler and reports to the Director of External Affairs.
The Operations Manager oversees and provides a variety of advancement, budget, procurement and human resources services. The position is responsible for overseeing budget planning and execution, human resources administration, database management, prospect management, gift processing, stewardship, the museums’ Friends and Silk Road Society membership activities, and general department operations.
Successful candidates will have:
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing a multi-year departmental budget, including addressing fluctuating needs throughout the fiscal year.
- Experience in managing diverse revenue streams such as those from gifts and revenue generating activities ensuring compliance with all accounting procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding and adhering to complex procurement procedures.
- Experience in Human Resources functions including hiring, performance evaluations and other policies and procedures involved in organizational personnel actions.
- Experience in managing staff and effective teamwork.
- Skill in written and oral communications.
- Experience in a development office a plus, including a familiarity with database management, prospect management, fundraising pipeline management and capital campaigns.
The Freer Gallery of Art and the Arthur M. Sackler Gallery are respectively the oldest and the youngest art museums at the Smithsonian Institution. The museums hold the nation’s extraordinary collections of Asian art and of American art of the late nineteenth century aesthetic movement. The mission of the Freer|Sackler is to encourage enjoyment and understanding of the arts of Asia through exhibitions and original research and the preservation of the cultural heritage of Asia. To learn more about the museum, please visit www.freersackler.si.edu.
The Smithsonian Institution is a unique complex of 19 museums and galleries, the National Zoological Park, and nine research centers. The Smithsonian is a national and world treasure and is dedicated to its founding mission, “the increase and diffusion of knowledge.” Its exhibitions, programs, collections, and outreach touch the lives of millions of Americans every year, as well as many who visit us from abroad.
The Smithsonian Institution offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive package of benefits. This is a Trust position, not a Federal Position, but has similar requirements and benefits. The salary is comparable to that of a Federal grade 12 position, $81,548 - $106,012. Interested candidates should submit their resumes and a cover letter to Asiaexaffstaff@si.edu by June 29, 2018. Please include the position title in your e-mail subject line.
The Smithsonian Institution is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Operations Manager for External Affairs
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly