Supervisory IT Specialist (INFOSEC) - DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
SPECIAL SENSITIVE (requiring Top Secret & SCI access) no waiver's allowed:
This position is designated as a SPECIAL SENSITIVE National Security position. Prior to appointment (Entrance on Duty), it requires a fully completed and favorably adjudicated National Security Background Investigation (SSBI or SSBI-PR) that is current (within the last 5 years). Once employed, further processing for special access approval (SCI) will also occur.
Specialized Experience (Credit for Specialized Experience on resume must reflect 40 hours/Full-time per week for each period of work):
GS-15: You must have one (1) year of specialized experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the GS-14 level in the Federal Government. Specialized experience includes:
- Leading, planning, developing and implementing an agency-level cyber security program and strategy
- Ensuring the development of security solutions that meet the needs of the business in an effective manner
- Providing information security consultation to an organization's executive level leadership
- Assessing and recommending resolution of information security issues to protect and restore commercial cloud-based offerings (e.g., SaaS, PaaS, IaaS), IT systems, services, and capabilities
- Coordinating responses and actions to FISMA security audits
- Establishing, maintaining and reporting on the cyber security posture of an organization
- Leading teams to secure and assess risk for modern technology solutions in at least two of the following categories: a) PaaS, b) Continuous Diagnostic and Mitigation, c) Authority to Operate (ATO) processes, d) security management capabilities, e) security of data environments that process CUI data, f) end user and mobile device management in a mobile-first and/or zero client environment, and/or g) security around software development focusing on web-based development
- Attention to Detail: Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service: Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external business partners and customers (any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unity produces including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government). Provides information or assistance. Delivers high quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. Effectively manages customer relationships.
- Oral Communication: Makes clear and convincing oral presentations to individuals and groups. Listens effectively; clarifies information, as needed. Speaks and writes in a clear, concise, organized, and convincing manner that is appropriate to the audience. Facilitates an open exchange of ideas to ensure all group input is considered. Handles technical, sensitive, or controversial topics with agility involving executives/managers as appropriate.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and analyzes problems, weighs relevance and accuracy of information, generates and evaluates alternative solutions, and makes sound recommendations.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week.
Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined here.
All requirements must be met by 06/20/2018, the closing date of the announcement.
Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Eligibles: If you have never worked for the Federal government, you are not CTAP/ICTAP eligible. Information about ICTAP or CTAP eligibility can be found by clicking here to access OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
Veterans: All veterans must meet the qualification requirements of the position for further consideration. For more information on veterans' preference, please click here.
Selective Service: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959 , you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law.
This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the agency. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Ethical Standards/Financial Disclosure:
EXIM is committed to the highest ethical standards. As an employee, you will be covered by the criminal conflict of interest statutes and the Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Executive Branch. You will be required to complete new employee ethics training within 3 months of your appointment.
If this position is subject to financial disclosure requirements (either public or confidential depending upon your position), you will be required to complete a new entrant financial disclosure report within 30 days of your appointment.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
For more information on OPM's authorization of Direct Hire Authority, please visit: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/direct-hire-authority/.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above. Once the application process is complete, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. Applicants who meet minimum qualification requirements will be certified for further consideration. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):