Program Administrator (Professional Curation Program)
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the job announcement closing date.
Experience: You qualify for this position if you have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-09 level in the Federal Service or comparable pay band system. For this position specialized experience is defined as experience as a museum program administrator, museum specialist, or museum project manager or as grant program administrator, grant specialist, or grant program manager for collection digitization, collection management, collection information management, or cultural heritage collaborations.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week.
Or Education: Three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree related to this position may be substituted to meet the experience requirements.
Or a Combination: Education and experience may be combined to meet the basic qualifications; for example, a half year of experience and a half year of education in the field may be qualifying.
Special Instructions for Foreign Education: If you are qualifying by education and/or you have education completed in a foreign college/university described above, it is your responsibility to provide transcripts and proof of U.S. accreditation for foreign study. For instructions on where to fax these documents, see the "Required Documents" section of this announcement.
Please see Benefits at www.sihr.si.edu for a complete description.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated first for the basic qualifications. The applications that meet the basic qualifications will be evaluated further against the following criteria:
- Skill in developing and implementing guidelines for and promoting programs between an external collaborator, a museum, other type of cultural heritage organization, or grant program.
- Skill in working with colleagues, supervisor, and collaborators to coordinate and facilitate review of collaborations or grant proposals.
- Skill in project management to coordinate and facilitate digitization of archival collections.
- Knowledge of rights and reproduction policies and legal precedents for works in public collections, including fair use, public domain, personality rights, and similar usage/copyright issues to ensure legal and appropriate use of images.
- Skill in managing program budgets, program tracking and reporting, and program assessment.
- Skill in interpersonal communication in an organizational setting.
Important Note: Your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses to the occupational questionnaire or other assessment tool for consistency. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Your resume should provide detailed information regarding how your education and experience relate to this position, including the major duties and qualifications criteria listed.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No