Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Specialized experience for the GS-12: To qualify at the GS-12 level, you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level, that is directly related to the position and which has equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. Specialized experience includes ALL of the following:
- Evaluating documentation for consistency with policies, guidelines, directives, and procedures; AND
- Analyzing issues attending civil and criminal forfeitures that may include investigations leading to forfeiture, disposition of forfeited properties and distribution of proceeds.
Specialized experience for the GS-11: To qualify at the GS-11 level, you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-9 level, that is directly related to the position and which has equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. Specialized Experience is defined as ALL of the following:
- Evaluating documentation for consistency with policies, guidelines, directives and procedures. AND
- Researching policy in order to provide guidance and assistance to stakeholders.
Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree;
3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree; or LL.M., if related.
Specialized Experience for the GS-9: To qualify at the GS-9 level, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-7 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience includes ALL of the following:
- Assembling facts from correspondence. AND
- Presenting findings and recommendations, both orally and in writing.
A masters or equivalent graduate degree; or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree; or LL.B. or J.D., if related
You may qualify by a combination of experience and education.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- We may offer opportunities for telework.
- We may offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Technical, analytical, and communication. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories, A, B, or C depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must be assigned the middle category or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here.