Program Analyst (Family Advocacy)
Occasional travel - Occasional travel of up to 20% may be required
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Authorized.
Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
This position is telework eligible.
Resumes must include information which demonstrates experience and knowledge, skills, and ability (KSAs) as they relate to this position. Applicants are encouraged to be clear and specific when describing their experience level and KSAs.
- Knowledge of a wide range of current professional techniques, theories, practices and procedures of clinical psychology or social work to identify problems, select and recommend appropriate practice models to use across client populations.
- Knowledge of Federal and agency regulations as well as specific organization’s program mission.
- Knowledge of program concepts, principles, practices, and procedures and the ability to apply this knowledge to difficult and complex case assignments in order to develop new methods, approaches, or procedures.
- Knowledge of dynamics and diagnostic skills necessary for family violence and suicide related behavior identification, suicide risk management, and safety/lethality planning.
- Knowledge of family dysfunction and family violence including child physical, neglect, and sexual abuse as well as domestic abuse/violence and current techniques for intervening with family dysfunction and family violence.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying child and domestic abuse prevention strategies and practices.
- Knowledge of and experience working with military families and military community support programs.
- Knowledge of laws, DoD instructions, directives, policies and procedures pertaining to counseling and advocacy programs, preferably in the military milieu.
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirements and operations of the DoD and DON programs to provide military and family members assistance, training, and education on parenting, childhood practices, and other FAP prevention initiatives.
- Knowledge of intensive home visitation services and parenting programs.
- Skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques in the development of new procedures and approaches to identify and resolve significant issues and problems of a unique nature.
- Skill in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data from various resources, to include statistical studies and surveys.
- Ability to establish long range, intermediate, and short range plans.
- Ability to use data management and reporting systems to collect and organize data drawn from databases.
- Ability to perform qualitative and quantitative analysis of pertinent data, and develop findings.
- Ability to prepare written findings and recommendations in a detailed, clear, and concise manner.
- Ability to identify needs, trends, and performance measures to evaluate program effectiveness.
- Ability to develop and effectively deliver presentations, trainings, management briefings, and recommendations to field installations.
- Ability to express oneself orally and in writing in a highly effective and professional manner: to interact with diversified groups, individuals, and organizations; and to research and compose written reports and material clearly, concisely, and effectively.
- Must possess a current, valid, unrestricted license or certification that provides legal authority to provide clinical services as an independent practitioner in the fields of Social Work, Psychology or Marriage and Family Therapy.
Must possess a masters or doctoral degree in one of the following disciplines:
Marriage and Family Therapy from a program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE) or an equivalent degree. OR Social Work from a school accredited by Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) or an equivalent degree. OR Psychology from a doctoral program approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) or an equivalent degree.
2 years (includes at least 2000 hours), of full-time, postmasters supervised clinical experience.
Two years or 2,000 hours post licensure full-time clinical experience in a clinical setting.
Some positions have special requirements. Selectee may be required to complete a one (1) year probationary period. Participation in Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer within the first 30 days of employment is required. We utilize E-Verify to confirm selectee’s eligibility to work in the United States. Salary is dependent on experience and/or education.
This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies within 60 days of issuance of selection certificate. For positions requiring travel more than twice per year, selectee may be required to obtain and maintain in good standing a Government-issued Travel Card for official government travel purposes.
DON is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. The DON provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants with disabilities who believe they may require reasonable accommodation(s) should email their request to MILL_MWR_Recruitment@navy.mil to ensure proper consideration is given.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
All resumes will be reviewed to determine if they meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement, and will be rated based on the information provided in the resume to determine the level of knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) related to the job requirements. Using the qualifications of the position, a predetermined rating criterion of KSAs will be used for each resume. Best qualified applicants will be referred to the hiring manager. The selecting official may choose to conduct interviews.
Click the following link to preview the applicant questionnaire: Preview Applicant Questionnaire. Read more Security clearance Secret