Supervisory Intelligence Operations Specialist
Occasional travel - Overnight Travel of 1-5 nights per month may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation may be authorized to I&A Employees Only.
For GS-14, you must have one year of experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal services, performs duties such as in planning, analyzing and formulating the principles of intelligence, intelligence operations and analytical principles as well as terrorist tactics, techniques and procedures in order to gather, analyze and evaluate intelligence information; conducts in-depth studies involving the assessment of recent and future threats to Homeland Security.
You must have one year of specialized experience that has provided the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Such experience could be gained from:
- Serving as the subject matter expert for an organization in all digital forensic matters.
- Serving as a team lead or supervisor, managing support of digital forensic case work, reporting and digital forensic analysis.
- Instructor or mentor in developing and delivering learning both as formal classroom training and as a facilitator and mentor.
- Industry certifications in the science of digital forensics and certifications in the employment of digital forensics tools.
Substitution of education in lieu of specialized experience may not be used for this grade level.
Note: Current Federal employees on a developmental career ladder position under the same series as this announcement: If selected and you advance to the next higher grade level prior to establishment of an entry on duty date, you may be hired at the higher grade level and continue the career ladder progression identified in this announcement.
All qualifications and eligibility requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Current or Former Political Appointees: The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) must authorize employment offers made to current or former political appointees. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch, you must disclose this information to the HR Office. Failure to disclose this information could result in disciplinary action including removal from Federal Service.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
If you are unable to apply online view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Alternate_Application_Information
DHS offers competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package, including: health, dental, vision, life, and long-term care insurance; retirement plan; Thrift Savings Plan [similar to a 401(k)]; Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; personal leave days; and paid federal holidays. Other benefits may include: flexible work schedules; telework; tuition reimbursement; transportation subsidies; uniform allowance; health and wellness programs; and fitness centers. DHS is committed to employee development and offers a variety of employee training and developmental opportunities. For more information, go to the DHS Careers website and select "Employee Benefits."
Selectee may be required to serve a two-year probationary period
Selectee may be required to serve a one-year supervisory probationary period.
Permanent Change of Duty Station (PCS) Expenses will not be paid.
Background Investigation: To ensure the accomplishment of its mission, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) requires each and every employee to be reliable and trustworthy. To meet those standards, all selected applicants must undergo and successfully complete a background investigation for TOP SECRET/SCI SECURITY LEVEL clearance as a condition of placement in this SPECIAL SENSITIVE SENSITIVITY LEVEL position. This review includes financial issues such as delinquency in the payment of debts, child support and/or tax obligations, as well as certain criminal offenses and illegal use or possession of drugs.
Pursuant to Executive Order 12654 and DHS policy, DHS is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace and, therefore, conducts random and other drug testing of its employees in order to ensure a safe and healthy work environment. Headquarters personnel in safety- or security-sensitive positions are subject to random drug testing and all applicants tentatively selected for employment at DHS Headquarters are subject to drug testing resulting in a negative test result.
This position is designated as Emergency Essential. Emergency Essential personnel must be able to serve during a continuity of operation event without regard to declarations of liberal leave or government closures due to weather, protests, and acts of terrorism or lack of funding. Failure to report for or remain in this position may result in disciplinary or adverse action in accordance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations (5 U.S.C. 7501-7533 and 5 CFR Part 752, as applicable).
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies within 90 calendar days of the initial issue date of the referral list. Multiple selections may be made from this announcement.
By applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for other similar positions.
You may be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment and is subject to random drug testing for the duration of service with DHS.
DHS uses e-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements. If you meet the minimum qualifications, your experience, education and training will be rated using a job questionnaire to assign numerical scores on a scale of 100. Applicants who meet the qualification requirements for the position are assigned a rating of 70 or more and are eligible for appointment. The competencies or knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform this job are:
- Expert knowledge of digital forensics theories, policies, practices, and techniques as applied to intelligence operations.
- Expert knowledge and experience employing computer forensic tools, network forensics, forensic data analysis and mobile device forensics.
- Advanced knowledge of IC community operational policies and procedures, including the application of applicable law and regulation covering the proper use of intelligence data from assigned systems (to include the rules governing dissemination and use of classified materials).
- Mastery of the principles of technical intelligence collection, processing, analysis, and dissemination activities as relates to IC and DHS Open Source intelligence information tasking, collection, exploitation and dissemination processes.
- Skill in oral and written communications sufficient to coordinate with, and advise officials, program staff and specialists, contractor personnel, and representatives of other agencies; to identify differing or conflicting viewpoints; to organize information and present recommendations of resolution.
- Skill as an instructor or mentor in developing and delivering learning both as formal classroom training and as a facilitator and mentor.