This position performs technical computer, network and server support in school facilities.
An employee in this class is responsible for installing, upgrading and maintaining computer systems and assisting with server and network maintenance in school facilities including hardware and software applications, system software, internet connections, and associated servers, printers, and cabling. The work includes responding to service desk incidents and training school staffs in the use of networks and associated equipment. Experienced workers in these positions initiate their own daily assignments, follow through on matters, and use independent judgment and training to take appropriate actions to deal with standard recurring situations.
The Systems Specialist performs such activities as necessary to fulfill the requirements of the position, including, but not limited to:
* Troubleshoot technical problems with networks, operating systems and software to successful conclusion
* Maintain Workstations, Printers, Interactive White boards, Servers, Networks and other technology equipment
* Perform tasks associated with workstation imaging, software deployment and utilization monitoring
* Install technology equipment and software as directed within the LCPS standards and framework
* Perform onsite support at LCPS locations for staff and students, working with other technology support staff, departmental staff, vendors and contractors
* Supports other technology and automation projects as assigned, responsible for coordinating the efforts for tasks assigned with the project
* Coordinate installation of equipment by in-house staff and contractors
* Work with school based staff to ensure appropriate service delivery and technology use
* Performs related work as required
Associate Degree in Technology; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, or skills:
* Knowledge of workstation and server operating systems including but not limited to Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2012
* Excellent knowledge of a wide range of desktop, server and peripheral hardware
* Experience with Active Directory, User account administration, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, Antivirus software, IT management tools, print and file servers and backup systems
* Strong troubleshooting skills and familiarity with third party hardware and software solutions
* Certification in Microsoft Windows strongly preferred (MCP or MCSA)
* Excellent customer service, organization and communications skills
* Ability to keep abreast of technology developments in the field
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for prolonged periods of time; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.