ACES Academic Coach
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job TitleACES Academic Coach
Job Description SummaryMontgomery College, Magruder High School, has need for a full-time, ACES Academic Coach, Achieving Collegiate Excellence and Success Department. The normal work schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Weekend and evening hours are required. This is temporary position with benefits through 6/30/19.\t
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., Montgomery College is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
This position provides one-to-one and group meetings with program participants to identify barriers and determine and implement an individual success plan for successful high school completion, preparation and access to college. The academic coach will identify and select students in the target population in order to provide a broad range of student support to students who have been identified as at-risk of not attending or completing college.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide information sessions to students and parents to assist them in understanding the benefits of the program.
- Meet regularly with designated high school liaison to establish and maintain positive working relationships and identify resources needed, either through Montgomery College (MC) or Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS).
- Meet regularly with ACES Director and other academic coaches to complete program initiatives, problem solve and share best practices.
- Provide ongoing communication with, the high school community, program participants, and parents.
- Provide financial aid and scholarship information and direct assistance in completing financial aid forms.
- Provide information on how to apply to college and assist with the application process.
- Provide support and referrals for students experiencing family, personal, or economic issues which may impact school performance.
- Coordinate the logistics for; transportation, permission, and selection of appropriate events and experiences.
- Track progress of one-on-one meetings, group meetings, program activities and events.
- Master's degree in counseling, psychology, social work or a related field. If a related degree, candidate must have at least 18 graduate counseling/psychology/social work course credits.
- Three years working with at-risk populations at the high school or college level.
- Two years assisting high school students with college admissions, financial aid and scholarship processes.
- Experience managing caseloads and case files.
- Thorough knowledge of community social service systems, academic coaching, and personal counseling.
- Skilled in verbal and written communications, interpersonal relations, computer technologies, (i.e., word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation programs).
- Ability to use a wide range of communication tools, to work cooperatively with others, to present to small and large groups.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
- Online applications must be received by June, 27, 2018.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a fingerprint based background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.Closing DateThursday, June 28, 2018
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: email@example.com
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.