Grassroots Intern - Fall Semester
NRA-ILA Grassroots interns work with full-time staff to advance NRA-ILA’s legislative agenda through grassroots efforts. Interns will be assigned a long-term project based on intern interests and team needs to complete during their internship. Along with their assigned project, intern duties include:
- Manage logistic and administrative needs of HQ and field coordinators through established shipping and tracking methods
- Manage grassroots inventory
- Attend and coordinate local events including gun shows, NRA University, and fairs.
- Improve and add to Frontlines database and respond to Frontlines member inquiries
- Assist with NRA-PVF campaign activities during the election cycle, including organizing volunteers and voter contact
- Attend and observe speaking events
- Complete NRA-ILA issues training to gain intimate understanding of the Second Amendment and today’s gun-control debate
Applicants should have an interest in Second Amendment issues, an understanding of NRA-ILA’s mission, strong writing and verbal skills, attention to detail, and possess knowledge of grassroots organizing. Individuals with campaign experience preferred. This paid internship runs from August 13 – December 14, 2018, and the schedule is fewer than 30 hours per week.
Applications for the Fall Internship Program should be submitted by July 31, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. The NRA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (minority/women/disabled) dedicated to protecting and preserving rights since 1871. Please visit our website at www.nra.org to learn more about us.