Supervisory Museum Specialist (Aeronautics)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the job announcement closing date.
Experience: You qualify for this position if you possess one year of full-time experience at the GS-11 grade level in the Federal Service or comparable pay band system that is close or similar to the operation or management of a museum or similar collection of valuable objects. For this position specialized experience is defined as overseeing staff, interns, volunteers, and contractors; handling aeronautical and space artifacts such as: aircraft, aircraft engines, satellites, spacecraft, missiles, space suits, uniforms, guns, and cannons; packing, moving, and storing of aforementioned types of artifacts; utilizing equipment such as forklifts, gantries, pallet jacks, dollies, and vehicles; and disassembling, assembling, loading, unloading, securing, crating, cradling, or creating containers/mounts for artifacts.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week.
Flexible Spending Accounts - https://www.fsafeds.com/
Health Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Life Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - http://www.ltcfeds.com
Retirement Program - http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.aspRead more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated first for the basic qualifications described above. The applications that meet the basic qualifications will be evaluated further against the following criteria:
- Ability to supervise staff, to include organization and review of work, resolution of problems, and hands-on training in artifact handling, movement, and storage.
- Ability to lead more than one project work team at the same time.
- Skill in the use of computers and computer software to include word processing, spreadsheet, and collections management database.
- Knowledge of collections management practices of large aeronautical and space artifacts to small collections such as flight material and avionics.
- Knowledge of proper artifact handling, packaging, and movement, to rigging practices, suspension points, and vehicle load preparation.
- Skill in the operation of powered material handling equipment, to include forklifts, and hand and power tools.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No