Facilities Project Manager
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Only experience obtained at the time of the application will be considered, however, you can update your resume and application submission at any time during the opening period of this vacancy announcement.
A preliminary background may be completed before a new employee can begin work. Current Federal employees or other individuals with an existing completed background investigation may not be required to undergo another background check.
You must meet all qualification requirements outlined on this vacancy announcement by the closing date.
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-11) in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as:
- Experience in a full range of principles, concepts, and methodology associated with project management of assigned projects.
- Experience in managing the efficient coordination and accomplishment of the planning, scope, development, design, and direction of major projects.
- Knowledge of a full range of principles, concepts, and methodology associated with project management of assign projects to plan and complete assigned workload.
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures of the functional and administrative areas such as contracting, finance and accounting, budget, counsel, information management, etc.
- Skill in maintaining effective working relationships with both internal and external customers to serve as point-of-contact for assigned projects.
- Skill in written and verbal communications and explain/defend status of project, make presentations in public forums, etc.
- Knowledge of automated systems sufficient to input and retrieve pertinent program information for assigned projects.
CTAP/ICTAP candidates: To be considered "well qualified" you must meet all of the requirements as described in this section.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
There is no educational requirement for this position.
- If education may be substituted for experience, indicate this and include the general formula for education to experience conversation (i.e. a Bachelors Degree qualifies at the GS-5 level).
- If education is required due to a positive education requirement, please explain the requirements in detail (i.e. type of degree, subject area of coursework, certificates, etc.).
- If education cannot be substituted for experience, indicate this with a simple statement or consider taking out this section entirely.
Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
The U.S. Department of Energy fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- New employees to the Department of Energy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
- Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, please visit the links at the bottom of this page or visit the FedsHireVets website.
- If you believe that you are eligible for the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), please visit the OPM ICTAP/CTAP website for more information. In order to be considered under the ICTAP program, your application must score within the pre-established "well qualified" category as stated in the Qualifications section.
- More than one selection may be made from this vacancy announcement.
- Some positions may require completion of a probationary period of up to 1 (one) year.
- Many positions require successful completion of a background investigation.
- All males born after December 31st 1959 must abide by laws regarding Selective Service registration. To learn more about this law, visit the Selective Service web page, Who Must Register. If you are not registered and don't have an approved exemption, you will not be eligible for employment with the Federal government.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Reasonable_Accommodation_Policy_Statement
Veterans Information: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Veterans_Information
Selective Service Registration: http://www.sss.gov/
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The Department of Energy uses an application tracking system to evaluate the responses you provide in the applicant assessment questionnaire to place you into an initial quality category via OPM's Category Rating procedures. Then, the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME) will conduct a quality review of your application and supporting documentation to ensure you have been placed into the appropriate quality category.
Your application is rated based on the extent and quality of your experience, education (when applicable), and training as described in your resume and applicant assessment. Your credentials are measured against the established duties of the position at the grade level(s) being advertised.
The quality categories are usually defined as "Best Qualified", "Well Qualified", and "Qualified", although they may differ slightly based on individual agency policy.
If you are eligible for career transition assistance plans such as ICTAP or CTAP, you must meet the definition of "well qualified" which is defined as having a score of 85 or better.
If you are a Veteran Preference eligible candidate, you will be listed at the top of whichever quality category your rating places you in. CP/CPS veterans are placed at the top of the highest category for all positions except professional and scientific positions at GS-9 and higher.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit all required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted accordingly.
To preview questions please click here.