IT Specialist (ENTARCH/INFOSEC)
6 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for conferences and training.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a Schedule A, Schedule C, or non-career SES political appointee
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 4 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
The GS-15 salary range starts at $134,789 per year.
Have IT-related experience demonstrating EACH of the four competencies AND one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 level in the Federal service as described below:
Attention to Detail - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant keeps abreast of latest technology, information, research, etc., to maintain knowledge in field of expertise (for example, reads trade journals, participates in professional/technical associations, maintains credentials).
Customer Service - skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant promotes or develops and maintains good working relationships with key individuals or groups.
Oral Communication - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant serves on panels, committees, or task forces as a representative for the organization on technical or professional issues.
Problem Solving - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant monitors current trends or events (for example, technological, economic, political, social, educational, or employment trends or events) and applies the information as appropriate.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
To qualify, you must have one year of specialized experience at the next lower grade, GS-14, or equivalent. Specialized Experience for this position is experience leading IT modernization projects or initiatives including analyzing current legacy IT systems & infrastructure, designing future state solutions using innovative technology and approaches and leading the migration or deployment of legacy IT solutions to the new IT systems or infrastructure.
Bargaining Unit status: NA
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed; through other means; or not at all.
All the information you provide will be verified by a review of the work experience and/or education as shown on your application forms, by checking references and through other means, such as the interview process. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Candidates are also evaluated for their competencies in key areas, including:
- Analysis and Creative Problem Solving: Expert skill in determining user needs or identifying opportunities and designing and deploying solutions;
- Technology Acumen: Mastery knowledge in cloud computing including direct experience with self-service cloud infrastructure as a service. Experience working on or managing a true platform as a service (PaaS) offering. Expert skill and seasoned experience technically supporting highly available, easily scalable, cloud-native applications
- Approach and Methodology: Expert skill in applying frameworks that emphasize delivery, iteration, quantitative and qualitative learnings, and responsiveness; Expert understanding of legacy IT systems (some decades old) with the ability to securely migrate those systems to the cloud.
- Empathy and Emotional Intelligence: Expert skill in customer facing roles, navigating bureaucracy, business development, or delivering services with a strong user facing or consumer oriented element;
- Tools and Execution: Experience in design, development and deployment of solutions leveraging current and emergent cloud technologies; Expert skill in analyzing applications, systems. Expert knowledge and seasoned experience migrating applications and data out of legacy data centers. Developed, implemented, and automated operational best practices for virtualized and containerized environments. Expert skill in facilitating post-migration testing including strong debugging and systems analysis skills.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Q - Nonsensitive Drug test required No