Teacher, Practical Nursing
Teaches, supervises, advises and evaluates LPN 1 and LPN 2 students in both clinical and classroom environments.
* Instructs assigned classes and prepares lesson plans.
* Develops and maintains a classroom environment conducive to effective learning.
* Maintains complete and accurate records as required by law.
* Coordinates with other members of the staff in the selection of instructional materials and planning instructional goals, objectives and methods.
* Coordinates shared responsibility for co-curricular activities, serves on the admissions committee to review nursing applicants and serves as advisor to the student organization HOSA.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Practical Nursing and Principal.
* Degree in nursing education, Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferred.
* Holds a current Registered Nurse license in Virginia.
* Holds or eligible to hold a VEC certificate in practical nursing.
* Has experience as a registered nurse preferably in the adult acute setting.
* Holds current CPR healthcare provider certification.
* Immunizations to practice in the hospital setting.
All reports and reporting procedures go through the Director of Practical Nursing or the Principal.