Fleet Outsourcing Specialist
This position is responsible for coordinating all the outsourcing needs of the Loudoun County Central Garage.
The person filling this position will be responsible for coordinating warranty work, recalls, and sublet repairs provided by external service providers. The Fleet Outsourcing Specialist will establish and maintain a good working relationships with service providers, ensure quality repairs are performed, and document financial and activity based transactions.
* Develops and maintains working relationship with repair vendors to assure quality repairs with a minimum of vehicle down time
* Establishes, continuously maintains, and publishes accurate records of warranty, sublet, and recall activities
* Implements and audits the automotive warranty recovery program with a goal of 100% reimbursement for warrantable repairs
* Advises and trains other fleet maintenance staff on manufacturer warranties and extended warranties programs
* Captures, audits, and reports data using the fleet MIS and office automation software programs
* Directs Transportation drivers in the transport of vehicles to and from various service providers and transports vehicles as needed
* Registers vehicles with DMV, ensuring all county and state requirements are met
* Opens, closes, and updates work orders daily; fills in for the Service Desk as necessary; and performs related work as required
High school diploma or GED equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred specializing in Fleet maintenance/operations, Business Administration, or related field; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
* Minimum of three years' experience in warranty administration for a fleet maintenance organization and/or an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) dealer is highly desirable
* Knowledge of office automation software used in business and fleet maintenance environments with demonstrated detailed computer experience; ability to perform accurate data entry, identify discrepancies or inaccuracies, and make corrections
* Working knowledge of general accounting practices
* Demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills
* Must possess or be able to obtain a Class “B” or higher Commercial Driver's License (CDL) within six months of employment
* Capable of working in a high-paced environment
* Moderate physical activity is required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend, and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.