This is a specialized clerical, secretarial, and administrative support position performed in School District central offices.
An employee in this class performs varied and responsible office operations requiring well-developed office skills. An employee in this position typically provides clerical and secretarial support to one or more central office administrators and serves as the main contact and office support for the administrator's program area. The work encompasses a range of office activities, including producing complex documents, preparing and communicating program information to other parties, arranging events, and maintaining and monitoring program accounts and expenses. Experienced workers in these positions initiate their own daily assignments, follow through on matters, and use independent judgment and training to take appropriate actions to deal with standard recurring situations.
* As instructed, prepares informational, program, and administrative communications that are reproduced and distributed to others within the school system
* Responds to inquiries from school staffs, central offices, parents, and outside organizations regarding programs; answers inquiries within areas of authority and refers other calls to appropriate staff; as situations warrant, explains procedures and requirements to callers in order to resolve matters or to facilitate an action
* Maintains databases containing program data, entering, editing, and correcting data as necessary; produces reports, lists, summaries, and other documents from databases; as necessary, creates databases using spreadsheet or database software.
* Posts and maintains program accounts, entering data from financial transaction documents into computerized accounting spreadsheets or systems; monitors accounts and advises supervisors of account status; compiles lists, summaries, and other financial information as requested; orders supplies as necessary
* Produces complex documents (lengthy, containing graphics, tabular material, indexed) such as curriculum guides, formatting documents according to established guides or as determined appropriate; corrects grammar and spelling; prints documents and arranges for mailing or distribution as necessary; maintains logs, appointment schedules, calendars, bulletin boards, reference files/materials, and other office records; prepares office forms and documents such as purchase orders, vouchers, requisitions, personnel actions, and time and attendance reports, and sends to appropriate units for action; maintains logs of such actions and follows up as necessary
* Participates in arranging events, conferences, meetings, and other activities; assembles information, prepares informational materials, locates and arranges for necessary space and services; maintains related expense and activity files and records; makes travel arrangements, including hotel and travel reservations; prepares itineraries; processes expense reimbursements
* Performs related work as required
Graduation from high school and experience in performing general office clerical or secretarial work, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
* Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures, including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and standard office database software, standard office appliances including desktop PCs, scanners, printers, photocopiers, and facsimile machines
* Ability to perform specialized office, secretarial, and administrative support work accurately and quickly, to communicate effectively, to work cooperatively with others, and to work under pressure and/or with frequent interruptions
The position reports directly to the Assistant Superintendent of Support Services
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.