Administrative and Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Mid 30s
Web Announcement :
Administrative Support Specialist
The George Mason University, Department of Criminology, Law and Society (CLS) within the College of Humanities and Social Sciences invites applications for an Administrative Support Specialist position. We are seeking a well-organized, self-motivated, and energetic administrative professional to help manage our front office. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- General Reception Duties: Answer and direct incoming phone calls; greet and direct visitors;
- Events Management: Room reservations, food and equipment;
- Create promotional materials for undergrad program;
- Assist with department travel: Book candidate, grad students and faculty travel; process and reconcile reimbursements;
- Provide Academic program support: Expedite grade changes, maintain faculty bios and syllabus; manage course book orders, course evaluations and adjunct and GA contracts;
- Administrative Support: Purchasing office supplies and equipment; maintain office equipment; file management; work orders;
- Budget Support: Assist Office Manager with routine monthly reconciliations.
- Experience handling a wide range of administrative duties;
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and work effectively independently and with a team;
- Proficiency with technology including advanced word processing, databases, spreadsheets and web-based applications;
- Proven customer service and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work within strict guidelines and meet multiple deadlines.
- Bachelors degree;
- Familiarity with policies and procedures within a university setting;
- Experience with the Ellucian Banner system, Patriot Web, MicroStrategy, 25Live, and eVA or similar reporting systems and databases;
- Experience working with college students or in higher education.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, please apply to position number 02819z at http://jobs.gmu.edu ; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and 130 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-07-13