Quality Assurance Specialist
Quality Assurance Specialist
Office of Information Technology
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full-Time, Pay Grade 2.1
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Quality Assurance Specialist.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Tertiary management lead
- Quality monitoring and reviews
- Coaching and mentoring of support analyst
- Development and conducting of training
- Knowledge & work aid development
- Comprehensive reporting & trend analysis
- Leading continual improvement processes
- Represent team at organizational meetings
Ideal candidate must possess an understanding of Information Technology support services, Quality Assurance best practices and training methodologies. Candidates are expected to be able to evaluate staff performance, adherence to process, and develop an understanding of complex technical issues. In addition, they must be able to provide critical feedback to team members in a respectful, professional, and productive manner. They are expected to be able to compile and track performance at team and individual levels and provide actionable data to the Service Desk Director and Operations Manager.
- A positive attitude
- Effective communication skills
- Leadership ability
- Exceptional customer service / people skills
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Strong organizational & multi-tasking skills
- Understanding of reporting and analysis best practice
- A focus on continual improvement
- Patience and empathetic approach
- Composure in stressful situations
- Ability to collaborate in a team setting
Qualified individuals will possess exceptional oral and written communication skills. They will have the ability to draft detailed, clear, concise, and professional communications, documentation and reports. This includes internal/external knowledge articles, e-mail to customers/colleagues, and process documentation.
Service Desk areas of support include but are not limited to:
- Online Learning Environments
- PeopleSoft/Workday ERP
- Google Applications
- Password Management
- Windows & Mac Hardware and OS
- Software Applications & Browsers
- Mobile & Wireless Hardware and OS
- Jive & Social Media
- Network Services (LAN, Wireless, VPN)
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Candidate must have Bachelor's degree in an Information Technology (or Data Analysis/Analytics relevant) field with an additional three (3) years of progressive experience in a comparable service desk / call center environment.
- Candidate must also demonstrate their knowledge of the following tools: Cisco Technology to include Verint and eGain. Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a must.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Candidates with experience or certification in Quality Assurance, technical writing, technical training, ITIL implementations, SalesForce, Service-Now or Cisco tools is preferred.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.