Manager, International Network Engagement
The Manager, International Network Engagement is part of the International Network Engagement & Performance Team, whose overarching objective is to enable United Ways across different regions to more fully realize our shared mission and goals by leveraging resources, people, and information both from United Way Worldwide and from within the network itself. The main responsibilities for this position are to market the international network to internal & external audiences and to facilitate communications & collaboration between the International Network Team and other departments at United Way Worldwide.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Marketing: Develop & disseminate materials that increase awareness of and attract more resources to international United Ways.
- Identify and document stories and media from across the International Network.
- Support the creation of materials such as presentations and brochures for country- or region-specific events and initiatives.
- Collaborate with Digital Services, Marketing-Communications, and Regional Teams to drive international content onto online platforms.
- Help to build Regional Teams’ marketing & communications capacity.
- Meeting Planning. Develop agendas and manage logistics & budgets for key International Network Team meetings including:
- Weekly Team web conferences.
- Monthly Regional Operations & Engagement Manager web conferences.
- Quarterly Regional VP meetings and semi-annual International Network Team retreats (including external and internal ancillary events).
- Orientation / onboarding of new International Network Team members.
- Event Planning. Provide coordination and facilitate communications around international network initiatives and events including:
- International Network Team elements of select UWW Conferences and Events.
- Occasional International CEO visits to United Way Worldwide.
- Occasional worldwide webinars for informational & training purposes.
- Regional- and country-specific engagements, including those that entail shared efforts between staff on Regional Teams and those at UWW’s headquarters.
- Customer Relationship Management. Enhance the processes, capacity, and results of the International Network Team’s field engagement efforts.
- Respond within 72 hours to HelpDesk and email requests for International Network-related info and/or support, brokering timely connections to others at United Way Worldwide and/or in the Network.
- Review and strengthen field engagement strategy, including consultation model and survey tools, as well as disaster relief protocols.
- Recruitment and management of student interns to support select elements of the International Network Team’s work.
- Other duties as assigned.
Based at United Way Worldwide’s office in Alexandria, Virginia USA. Minimum requirements include a Bachelor’s Degree with at least three years of advanced-level experience in a similar role. This position also requires one to three years of experience in a leadership role, preferably in international settings and/or with multi-cultural groups. Key skills sets include marketing & communications, meeting planning & facilitation, project management as well as customer relationship management. And while not required, foreign languages and previous United Way experience are a plus.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.