Cabinet Shop Cabinetmaker
- Full Time
To be considered for this position, all applicants MUST VISIT https://www.senate.gov/employment/saa/positions.htm* and SUBMIT a SAA Application for Employment with a cover letter and current resume. *
The United States Senate Sergeant at Arms seeks a Cabinet Shop Cabinetmaker
(Carpentry) for work in the U.S. Capitol.
This is skilled work building cabinetry and furniture for Senate offices and the Senate Chamber. Work includes building new and maintaining existing cabinetry and furniture. Work is performed with considerable independence under general supervision of the Cabinet Shop Supervisor or immediate supervisor, with little or no guidance in work methods. Work is reviewed for quality and customer acceptance and satisfaction. CNC experience a plus but not required. Good communication skills important.
Salary beginning at $52,345.00 plus full federal benefits. Applicant MUST pass a background check.
Examples of Work:
- Reviews sketches, plans and other drawings, creates layouts of work and determines material needs; may measure space for dimensions.
- Operates table saws, shapers, lathes, routers and planers and related powered equipment and hand tools to cut mold, shape and turn wood pieces, finish, join and fit pieces.
- Repairs office furniture.
- Installs built-ins and other wall-mounted units.
Work requires a high school diploma (or GED), and three to five years of experience in cabinetry and furniture building; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
- Knowledge of the practices, techniques and methods of wood working and shaping.
- Ability to build, shape and design wooden items with unique shapes and designs with precise fit and joints.
- Ability to read plans, drawings and schematics and calculate angles.
- Ability to operate power equipment and hand tools to achieve precise cuts and fits.
- Ability to work safely and effectively in building, repairing and maintaining cabinetry and furniture.
To be considered for this position, all applicants MUST submit a U.S. Senate Sergeant at Arms Application for Employment with a cover letter and current resume to Resumes @ saa.senate.gov by June 22, 2018 .
The SAA application can be found at: http://www. senate.gov / employment / saa/ pdf/Employment _Application.pdf
To view the full vacancy announcement go to: https://s3.amazonaws.com/atds-jobs-production/positions/cabinetmakerpdf_2018_6_8_176.pdf
*Note: The application link is case sensitive*
*Application Packages submitted without a U. S. Senate Sergeant at Arms Application will not be considered*
*Hiring for this position is governed by the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act*