5 days left
- Full Time
To be considered for this position, all applicants MUST VISIT https://www.senate.gov/employment/saa/positions.htm and SUBMIT a SAA Application for Employment with a cover letter and current resume.
The US Senate Sergeant at Arms seeks a Budget Analyst to prepare financial analysis on the annual budget, future year planning/programming and related projects and initiatives. Will also maintain and support web-based budget application; support departments in preparing annual budgets and monthly forecasts; assist preparing annual budget and planning/programming and ad hoc analysis as requested. Ideal candidate will be detail oriented, have high level of Microsoft Excel skills, and possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Nature of Work
This is professional work developing, preparing, and documenting budgeting and financial management systems, spreadsheets, processes and procedures. Work includes the use and improvement of automated financial systems for data/document tracking and report generation in such areas as budget monitoring and development, financial systems development and project tracking. Work is performed under the direct supervision of a Financial Manager.
Examples of Work
- Develops and maintains all budget and project tracking templates and systems utilizing automated systems and programs.
- Validates and integrates spreadsheets and justification documents submitted by SAA departments.
- Trains and assists SAA budget coordinators in budget and project tracking formulation procedures and systems.
- Maintains various mailing and distribution files and coordinates the distribution of budget and project tracking documents.
- Coordinates the printing and binding of budget and tracking documents with the Printing and Graphics Department.
- Prepares budget presentation materials for annual hearing before the Appropriations and Rules Committees.
- Maintains budget and project tracking manual.
Work requires a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance, and one to three years of progressively responsible professional budget or financial reporting experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
- Knowledge of sound budgeting and financial management principles, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of accounting, spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Ability to analyze various and complex data.
- Ability to prepare accurate and correct financial records and reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
To be considered for this position, all applicants MUST submit a U.S. Senate Sergeant at Arms Application for Employment with a cover letter and current resume to Resumes@saa.senate.gov by June 22, 2018.
The SAA application can be found at: http://www.senate.gov/employment/saa/pdf/Employment_Application.pdf
To view the full vacancy announcement go to: https://s3.amazonaws.com/atds-jobs-production/positions/budgetanalystpdf_2018_6_8_50.pdf
*Note: The application link is case sensitive*
*Application Packages submitted without a U. S. Senate Sergeant at Arms Application will not be considered*
*Hiring for this position is governed by the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act*