Relocation expenses reimbursed No
LICENSURE: Applicants must be licensed to practice pharmacy in a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the following amount of specialized experience is required to qualify for positions at the GS-14 level. You must demonstrate in your resume at least one year of qualifying experience equivalent to at least the GS-13 level in the Federal Government obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: managing the budget and creating equipment plans for a pharmacy in a hospital/clinical environment; providing technical training on patient care and research support; reviewing drug therapy for rational indications, dosing, adverse drug reactions, drug interactions, IV incompatibilities, and complications of multiple drug therapies for patients in a hospital/clinical pharmacy environment; managing investigational studies in conjunction with care; managing Institutional Review Board (IRB) review of studies; planning, evaluating, and implementing various pharmaceutical technologies; developing database interface and quality measures for output; developing and managing contracts of investigational drug manufacturing processes which may include obtaining quotes; reviewing Quality Agreements, labeling, or monitoring shipping and handling of manufactured pharmaceuticals; planning, evaluating, and implementing various pharmaceutical technologies and robotics; overseeing the medication inventory catalog maintenance and pharmacy informatics operations support, customization; upgrading, planning, implementing, and testing new software; administrating a database; understanding regulatory requirements for outsourcing and product stability testing.
This position has an education requirement. You are strongly encouraged to submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package. Official transcripts will be required from all selectees prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education.
- PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps should also apply online to this announcement in order to receive consideration.
- This position has supervisory/managerial responsibilities. A one-year supervisory/managerial probationary period is required upon selection/placement. This may be waived if you have successfully completed the supervisory/managerial probationary period.
- NIH may repay certain outstanding Federally-insured student loans to facilitate the recruitment and retention of highly qualified people. Recipients will be determined on a case-by-case basis based on organizational need, specific case justification, and budget limitations.
- A newly appointed or re-appointed employee may receive service credit for prior work experience or active duty uniformed service that otherwise would not be creditable for the purpose of determining his or her annual leave accrual rate. All creditable service must be directly related to the duties of the position being filled and decisions to allow for such credit must be finalized prior to the selectee's entrance on duty. The use of this service credit incentive is at the discretion of the selecting official and service credit is granted only for a position deemed hard-to-fill.
- This position is designated as an 'emergency' position and the selected candidate will be considered as an 'emergency' employee and will be required to be available, ready, willing, and able to report for duty under all circumstances, e.g., inclement weather, government closings and holidays, lapse in appropriations, non-emergency and emergency situations for operation 24 hours a day and 365 per year coverage.
- Additional selections may be made through this vacancy announcement.
- The National Institutes of Health participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
- The NIH maintains a tobacco free work environment and campus.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Traditional rating and ranking of applications does not apply to this vacancy. You will be evaluated against the basic qualifications. Qualified applicants will be referred for consideration in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management direct hire guidelines. Veterans' Preference does not apply to the direct hire recruitment procedures. Selections made through this announcement will be processed as new appointments to the civil service. Current civil service employees would, therefore, be given new appointments to the civil service.
To be considered well qualified for the purposes of the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), you must substantively exceed the basic qualifications and meet all eligibility, physical, medical, suitability, and any other requirements.