Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs): All applicants must submit proof that they meet all 5 ECQs. If you fail to do so, your application will be rated as 'ineligible' and you will not receive further consideration. Additional information on the ECQs is available at:OPM's Guide to the Senior Executive Service Qualifications (PDF file) . You must address each ECQ under its own sub-heading. ECQ narratives must not exceed 10 pages total. For each ECQ, your examples should be from the last 10 years and demonstrate the majority of the competencies for that specific ECQ.
ECQ 1 - Leading Change: This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
ECQ 2 - Leading People: This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
ECQ 3 - Results Driven: This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
ECQ 4 - Business Acumen: This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
ECQ 5 - Building Coalitions: This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
Mandatory Technical Qualifications
You must provide a separate narrative statement to each of the following technical qualifications which describes fully, but concisely, how your experience supports each of the following qualifications. Each technical qualification narrative should not exceed 2 pages. Failure to address these specific qualifications in a separate narrative statement will eliminate you from consideration:
1. Demonstrated experience working with internal and external entities to develop and implement communication strategies and outreach programs to promote agency/organization mission-related programs. Examples should address one or more agency-level programs and identify the goal audience and techniques used.
2. Experience that demonstrates an ability to formulate policies and implement initiatives in two or more of the following program areas:
- Programs providing a multi-disciplinary approach (e.g. support services, emergency management coordination, information dissemination) in supporting victims and their family members impacted by a large-scale disaster.
- Advocacy programs that clearly communicate the need for stakeholders to adopt recommended actions.
- Programs that establish effective relationships with elected officials, state, local and federal entities, non-governmental organizations, and industry groups, to include open and responsive information exchanges.
- Public affairs initiatives/programs that disseminate agency information using various media, supports media coverage for agency sponsored events, promotes accurate coverage of agency work and activities. This includes the use of digital channels and social media platforms to raise the agency profile and increase audience engagement.
- Develop and implement an internal communications program to keep employees informed and aware of agency activities.
In addition to the educational requirements (if applicable), we are looking for at least one year of specialized experience related to this position as described below:
Experience developing and coordinating effective communication strategies and outreach programs with other Federal, state, and local government agencies, and well as private sector industry groups; and experience in the formulation, implementation, and evaluation of policies, short and long-term program goals, and procedures concerning external (and internal as noted) communication activities in support of at least two of the following program areas: Support to families of victims of Accidents/Disasters, Advocacy programs, Government/Legislative affairs programs, Media Relations programs, or Internal communications programs.
The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System. A variety of work life amenities are offered such as alternate work schedules, telework, flextime, fitness benefits and transit benefits.
Moving expenses associated with permanent change of station (PCS) are not authorized for this position.
If you left Federal Employment and received a buy out and you are selected for this position, you may be required to repay the full amount of the payment.
Multiple and subsequent vacancies may be filled from this announcement.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications .
Telework may be authorized on a case-by-case basis.
The National Transportation Safety Board provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the National Transportation Safety Board directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated by a rating and ranking panel on the quality and extent of your total accomplishments, experience, and education. Highly qualified candidates may be interviewed and a reference check conducted. The NTSB Executive Resources Board (ERB) will review results of the evaluation and make a written recommendation on the final selections to the appointing authority. Unless you have already been certified by the OPM Qualifications Review Board (QRB) in the past, or received certification by an OPM approved Senior Executive Service Candidate Development Program, your ECQs must be certified by an OPM QRB before appointment may occur.Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI