Pathways Recent Graduate: Transportation Specialist
Occasional travel - Position requires occasional travel.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Selected participants are on an excepted service appointment under the Recent Graduates Program and required to serve a one year trial period, and will be evaluated for conversion to a term or permanent appointment in the competitive service at the end of one year.
- Must meet the eligibility requirements for the Recent Graduate Program.
- Recent Graduates will enter a formal training program with a mentor and execute an Individual Development Plan outlining training requirements and program expectations.
- Recent Graduates must receive at least 40 hours of formal training directly linked to their employment field.
- Recent Graduates serve a trial period for the duration of their excepted service appointment.
- Recent Graduates will be required to sign a Pathways Recent Graduate Participant Agreement.
- Applicants must provide documentation of completion within the previous 2 years of a qualifying, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution*.
- Applicants must meet grade qualifications by start date.
- Selectee is required to complete a Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) to determine suitability for federal employment and to authorize a background investigation.
- DEU REQUIREMENTS: Applicants selected under delegated examining procedures may be required to successfully complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
THIS POSITION HAS A MANDATORY EDUCATION REQUIREMENT.
This position is open to students who have graduated from a qualifying educational institution within the past two years (or veterans within six years, if military service intervened). Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of announcement.
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet either the education or experience qualifications for the grade at which you are requesting consideration.
TO QUALIFY FOR THE GS-9:
On Education, you must have :
- Two years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or
- Master's or equivalent graduate degree or
- LL.B. or J.D., if related
On Experience, you must have at least one full year of specialized equal or equivalent experience at the GS-7 level. It must include:
- Experience assisting with the management of projects; interpreting and applying regulations to provide guidance; conducting research and analysis; drafting responses; and developing training materials.
You can also qualify on a combination of higher level graduate education and matching experience. This experience and education must be fully documented in your resume. If using education to qualify, you must provide supporting graduate level transcripts.
RECENT GRADUATE PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY:
*Applicants must have obtained a qualifying associates, bachelors, master's, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution, within the previous 2 years unless military service interfered with a veterans eligibility to apply during that two year time frame. Veterans meeting the above exclusion may apply within 2 years of discharge or 6 years from the date of receipt of the degree whichever comes first.
(http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/policy/ApplicationOfStds-04.asp) for information on crediting education.
You must provide a copy of ALL of your college/vocational/technical transcript(s). See "Required Documents" section for additional information.
Applicants may refer to the U.S.Department of Education’s Institutional Accreditation System to determine whether their school/program is accredited: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx.
Education completed outside of the United States must be deemed equivalent to that gained in conventional/accredited U.S. education programs to be acceptable for Federal employment. See OPM's General Policies (http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/policy/ApplicationOfStds-04.asp) for information on crediting education.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
For additional information about applying to Federal positions, please click on the following link: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-policies/#url=e4
Students enrolled in a degree program can apply if the anticipated graduation date is within six months of closing date of this announcement. Graduation transcript must be received before start date.
- EEO STATEMENT:
The Department of Transportation (DOT) maintains a model federal work environment that is free of discrimination. DOT ensures equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, or protected activity.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
For this announcement, all applicants will be reviewed to determine if they meet the basic qualifications for this position, specifically the educational and specialized experience requirements.
Applicants will not be rated or ranked.
All applications that are verified to meet the basic qualifications will be referred to the selecting official.
The answers you select in the on-line process must be substantiated in your application package. If upon review, it is determined that your described work history, competencies, and/or supporting documents do not support your answer choices, you may not be referred to the selecting official. Please ensure that your work history provides enough details to support your answers.
DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE: PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/ application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s). Your resume must contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make a qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No