Human Resources Specialist (Military), GS-0201-09
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.To qualify for the GS-09 grade level applicants must possess one of the following:
One (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-07 grade in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped you with the particular ability, skill, and knowledge to successfully perform the duties of this position and is typically in or related to this line of work. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Experience initiating background investigations and/or credit checks for new employees.
- Experience scheduling recruits for basic training.
- Experience utitlizing web-based recruiting and tracking systems for accessions, and providing system reports as needed.
A Master's or equivalent graduate degree; Two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree; (or an LL.B. or J.D., if related. Admin and Mgmt positions only);
A combination of successfully completed graduate level education and specialized experience as described above. This will be calculated using your resume and unofficial transcripts or a list of courses/course hours submitted with your application. NOTE: Only graduate education in excess of the first year may be used to qualify for the GS-09 level.
The Office of Personnel management (OPM) must authorize employment offers made to current or former political appointees. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule, C, Non-career SES or Presidential Appointee employee in the Executive Branch, you must disclose this information to the Human Resources Office. National Service Experience (i.e., volunteer experience): Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This position does not have a positive education requirement. If you are including education on your resume, report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. For further information on the evaluation of foreign education, refer to the U.S. Department of Education's web site at click here
Applicants will be required to complete questions contained on the Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) at the time a tentative job offer is made. At the time of appointment, selectees will be required to update the OF-306. Certain responses on the form could pose a problem with suitability for employment determinations.
If you are selected for this position, you will be subject to a determination of your suitability for Federal employment. All selectees are subject to an appropriate investigation as a condition of placement into this position. Certain investigation levels may automatically require a credit check after initial job qualifications have been met. For those positions that do not automatically require a credit check, it may later be required if the initial investigation surfaces a potential issue. Visit: OPM Mythbuster
DHS uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about your rights and responsibilities at click here
Recruitment incentives may be authorized.
Moving expenses will not be paid.
All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit.
For Veterans' preference eligibility, visit Veterans' Employment Resources. Veterans, Peace Corps/VISTA volunteers, and persons with disabilities possess a wealth of unique talents, experiences, and competencies that can be invaluable to the DHS mission. If you are a member of one of these groups, you may not have to compete with the public for federal jobs. To determine your eligibility and to understand the documentation that would be required with your application, click on the links above and contact the Servicing Human Resources Office listed at the bottom of this announcement.
More than one (1) selection may be made from this announcement if additional identical vacancies in the same title, series, grade, and unit occur within 90 days from the date the certificate was issued.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for the application and hiring process, please contact 202-795-6351. Decisions on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Visit Reasonable Accommodation
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your résumé and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. If you meet the minimum qualifications, your experience, education and training will be rated using the on-line assessment to place you in one of three categories.
The necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities to perform this job are:
- Knowledge of principles, practices and regulations sufficient to serve as a competent point of contact for the organization on all elements of Coast Guard recruiting programs.
- Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and acceptable limits for background investigation requirements pertaining to active duty, reserve and officer accession programs.
- Ability to provide comprehensive human resource services to management and employees throughout the recruiting organization and analyze, evaluate and recommend appropriate resolutions to complex interrelated HR problems and issues.
- Skill in serving as a link between recruiters and Coast Guard Recruiting Command manages in providing HR processing services and recommending process improvements.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
1. Best-Qualified: Applicants possessing experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position and demonstrate high proficiency in all of the critical competencies, including all Selective Placement Factors (SPF) and appropriate Quality Ranking Factors (QRF) as determined by the job analysis.
2. Well-Qualified: Applicants possessing experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position and demonstrates acceptable proficiency in all of the critical competencies, including all SPFs and appropriate QRFs as determined by the job analysis.
3. Qualified: Applicants possessing experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position and demonstrate basic proficiency in most of the critical competencies, including all SPFs and appropriate QRFs as determined by the job analysis.
If you are best qualified, you may be referred to the hiring manager for consideration and may be called for an interview. Your resume and responses to the self-assessment questions are an integral part of the process for determining your qualifications for the position. Therefore, you must support your responses to the self-assessment questions by providing examples of past and present experience in your resume.
Veterans with 5-point preference who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements are placed above non-preference eligibles within the category in which they are qualified. Veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10% are listed in the best qualified category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher. For information on veterans' preference, click here.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Q - Nonsensitive Drug test required No