Station Manager, Antarctica (Program Manager)
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation MAY be authorized contingent upon the availability of funds.
You will need to successfully complete a background security investigation before you can be appointed into this position.
Appointment is contingent upon successful completion of the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) Basic Criminal Investigators course.
You will need to satisfactorily complete a physical examination according to standards used for USAP medical/dental screening for travel to Antarctica.
All online applicants must provide a valid email address. If your email address is inaccurate or your mailbox is full or blocked, you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
This position is excluded from the bargaining unit.
Please preview "Evaluations" section and "Qualifications" for additional requirements and Quality Ranking Factors.
Appointment is contingent upon successful completion of the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) Basic Criminal Investigators course and satisfactory completion of a physical examination according to standards used for USAP medical/dental screening for travel to Antarctica.
This position is outside the competitive civil service.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the extent and quality of your experience, expertise, education, and research activities relevant to the duties of the position.
We strongly encourage you to specifically address the Quality Ranking Factors below. This will ensure that you receive full consideration in the evaluation process.
Quality Ranking Factors
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex operations in remote environments and strong capability in managing people.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, managing, completing, overseeing and critically evaluating operations.
- Practical knowledge in emergency response and risk analysis.
- Ability to coordinate, establish and maintain results-oriented productive relationships with key personnel and monitor activities to ensure timely product delivery and reporting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contracts, MOAs, and cooperative agreements, and their implementation including performance evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and resolve issues with equivalent ranking levels of management in the military, civilian Federal service, and private sectors.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Secret