Material Management Assistant
1 day left
- Full Time
Receives shipments of materials for the library. Receives shipments, determines the completeness and condition of cartons and signs the freight ticket. Unpacks shipments on to book trucks, reconciles items to a packing list and verifies information against items shipped to items ordered. Receives items in the online acquisition module of the Unicorn Workflows System and prints the acquisition work slip for each item received. Shelves materials in the proper locations. Sorts, distributes and packs library materials for distribution to library branches. Sorts incoming mail from county courier, US Pack and U.S. Mail; sorts the library delivery from library branches to Technical Operations. Packs and prepares shipping labels for any outgoing shipments for pickup by freight companies. Unpacks shipments and problem solves any discrepancies. Sorts and packs outgoing materials. Serves as a lead worker for the receiving department. As needed, will shelve and load materials for processing, will organize materials ready for processing according to department priorities. Strength and dexterity are necessary to perform all required tasks including lifting, stooping, bending and standing for long periods of time.
NOTE: This is an entry-level position and the salary offer will not exceed the mid-point (or $43,522.96) of the advertised salary range.
- Unpacks and organizes items for storage;
- Stores, shelves, stows and arranges items in storage areas;
- Conducts physical inventory of items received;
- Inspects the condition of shipments to ensure conformance to specifications and quantities ordered;
- Reports results, discrepancies, damaged items and shortage or overage shipments to supervisor for corrective action;
- Assist with receiving and shipping orders;
- Delivers and/or ships materials and supplies;
- Performs basic data entry for record keeping and reporting functions, i.e., entering receipts and issues;
- Basic knowledge of inventory practices and procedures;
- Knowledge of warehouse practices and procedures;
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions;
- Strength and dexterity necessary to perform all required tasks including lifting, stooping, bending, and working in tiring and uncomfortable positions;
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to high school graduation or a GED issued by a state department of education; plus one years of warehouse experience using material handling and equipment performing inventory tasks.
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check to the satisfaction of the employer.
One or more years of warehouse experience using material handling and equipment performing inventory tasks. One or more years of experience operating a pallet jack and hand truck. Strong data entry experience with the ability to follow oral and written instructions. Detail oriented.
Ability to lift 50 pound boxes, operate a pallet jack, move loaded full 4 wheeled book carts and book bins across carpeted areas. The ability to access, input and retrieve information from a computer. The ability to stand, bend and walk for extended amounts of time. Strength and dexterity are necessary to perform all required tasks including lifting, stooping, bending and standing for long periods of time. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Panel interview and may include exercise.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 711. EEO/AA/TTY.