Business Analyst I
Provides direct support to the technology of the Office for Children automated case management and Minute Menu systems used by the Community Educations and Provider Services (CEPS). Manages the resource and referral components of the Office for Children information system. Assists in the management of data related to permitting of child care providers and their participation in the USDA Food Program. Provides computer training, technical assistance and coaching to staff. Participates in new system development and testing. Facilitates staff information technology issues, identifies and resolves computer-related problems. Creates reports to address customer, management, and staff request and performs related work as required.Illustrative Duties
- Provides support in administering a complex automated systems;
- Ensures information and reports produced by the system are accurate and valid;
- Performs data integrity checks;
- Notifies technical staff of any problems or errors;
- Integrates data from various sources into the system;
- Monitors system activity and reports problems;
- Tests and analyzes all new interfaces into the system and reports problems;
- Creates and distributes reports;
- Assists agencies in correcting errors;
- Provides assistance and training to system users;
- Assists in analyzing, developing, implementing, and maintaining applications to meet the needs of users;
- Assists with product evaluations and product implementation;
- Assists in the development and dissemination of information alerting staff to new IT-related administrative procedures or services;
- Assists in identifying business needs and business process improvement;
- Participates in planning for future IT solutions;
- Attends training workshops, product demonstrations, conferences, and technical briefings;
- Stays abreast of technology changes;
- Provides assistance to other staff as needed.
- Some knowledge of business operations, processes, and procedures;
- Some knowledge of the capabilities of information technology software, hardware, and network communication technology;
- Some knowledge of the capabilities of various computer platforms functioning in centralized, distributed, client server, and stand-alone environments;
- Some knowledge of effective processes, methods, and techniques to analyze and evaluate business operations;
- Ability to analyze and evaluate administrative processes and procedures for automation purposes;
- Ability to conduct research into new information technology;
- Ability to train employees in the use of hardware and software;
- Ability to prepare user manuals;
- Ability to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to management and employees;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships.
Any combination of education, experience and training equivalent to possession of a bachelor's degree in business, computer science or a field related to the department where the information technology services are being used; plus six months of experience analyzing business processes and/or developing/maintaining the main business system, technical platform or a related system.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check, a check of the Child Protective Services Registry, and a driver's license check to the satisfaction of the employer.
Some responsible experience in child care administration; familiarity with CEPS, OFC, and DFS issues,; some experience with relational database concepts and structures, data extraction, Crystal reports, SQL reporting and Microsoft Office. Ability to explain technical terms and processes to staff and the public using non-technical language.
Work is generally sedentary. Ability to operate keyboard-driven equipment. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Panel interview and may include exercise.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 711 EEO/AA/TTY.