Assistant Director, Civilian Recruitment
7 days left
- Full Time
Assistant Director, Student Recruitment
Office of Strategic Enrollment Management
Exempt, Regular, Full-time, Pay Grade 1.4
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Assistant Director of Student Recruitment within the Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) organization. Reporting to the Director of Civilian Admissions, the Assistant Director will be responsible for closely collaborating with the Director to provide supervision and coaching to the unit, which includes all aspects of student recruitment for undergraduate and graduate students from inquiry to enrollment. The Assistant Director is also responsible for helping to execute outreach campaigns to support UMUC in meeting or exceeding new student growth goals. Other areas of responsibility include training, quality assurance, performance management, workforce management, and business process design and implementation.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Manage daily operations by tracking workforce metrics such as call volumes, phone queues, service levels, activity lists, schedule adherence and other workforce metrics and taking action to address performance gaps or adjusting staff scheduling, as needed.
- Provide performance coaching and continuous feedback for Admissions Counselors and Team Leads and document results for routine quality assurance evaluations.
- Conduct performance reviews as well as work with training department to complete the new hire 30-60-90-day evaluations and ongoing evaluations of employees.
- Deliver feedback from quality assurance evaluations to provide overall training and development to Admissions Counselors.
- Collaborate with Director to execute outreach activities in support of new student recruitment and overall student success.
- Recognize staff for high performance, creativity, ability, and potential; delegate tasks and assign Admissions Counselors to special projects according to each individual's strengths.
- Interview potential candidates for Admissions Counselor and Lead Admissions Counselor roles and work with senior leadership and talent acquisition staff to expedite position refills.
- Provide input and feedback on both strategic and operational projects and their impact on the day-to-day operations of front line staff activities and the prospective student population.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An earned Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning and two (2) years or more of relevant work experience.
- The chosen candidate must also be able to demonstrate experience in a progressively more responsible leadership/management position and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment while motivating others.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An earned Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning or at least two (2) years of management experience in a contact center or high-traffic, customer service environment.
- Successful track record of leading teams with a collaborative leadership style; ability to coach, mentor, and develop others.
- Experience working with military or veteran personnel, preferably in a higher education environment.
- Proven track record of leveraging data and metrics to meet or exceed business goals and objectives.
- Experience in the areas of enrollment management, student recruitment, and quality assurance.
- Experience leveraging CRM, call center, and other enterprise-wide business technologies is also preferred.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.