Sr. Administrative Assistant
The Science Mission Office (SMO) at Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI), located on the Johns Hopkins University campus, is seeking a Sr. Administrative Assistant. The candidate will perform a variety of both fundamental and advanced administrative functions on a daily basis and must have a minimum of 6 years of prior administrative experience in a fast-paced environment. Institutional knowledge may be substituted for years of experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process travel documents and invoices complying with contract constraints, and division and mission
- Create complex Purchase Requisitions/Purchase Orders and follow through from creation to final delivery of
- Aid in coordinating budgetary information within program requirements, maintaining a high level of fiscal responsibility
- Aid in the development and maintenance of websites and web
- Assist with special projects as required
- Maintain application layer reports of Excel data (using tables and running macros) in support of management level reporting used for budgets and planning
- Independently manage the JHU Graduate Student Co-Op Program
- Independently manage the Institute-wide Publication Charge Program
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Customer service is critical -- Provide efficient, effective, and professional customer service, written and verbal for both our internal and external high-profile
- Self-starter, exhibiting strong initiative in independently executing responsibilities.
- Innovative thinker and problem
- Strong attention to detail is a
- Ability to quickly learn new skills and processes and manage multiple high-priority
- Strong organizational and time management
- Excel at both working as a part of a team as well as working
- Software preferred: FileMaker Pro and intermediate level knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (emphasis on Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook, specifically calendaring).
- Knowledge of Costpoint preferred but not necessary.
- 6 years of prior administrative Institutional knowledge may be substituted for years of experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and follow established policies and procedures, with a high degree of accuracy and
- Evidence of experience in active customer service skills for high-profile external and internal customers
Note: Substitution of additional relevant education or experience for stated qualifications may be considered.
This position requires access to ITAR regulated material and qualified applicants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
You are requested to complete an on-line application through our website at: www.stsci.edu/opportunities. Please include # 02847 in the file name. Applications received by June 22, 2018 will receive full consideration.
AURA, as a leader in the astronomical community, is committed to diversity and inclusion. AURA develops and supports programs that advance our organizational commitment to diversity, broaden participation, and encourage the advancement of diversity throughout the astronomical scientific workforce. Learn more at www.aura-astronomy.org/diversity.asp.
As a recipient of U.S. Government funding, AURA is considered a government contractor and is subject to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, AURA and all of the centers, do not discriminate based on race, sex, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender identity expression, lawful political affiliations, veteran status, disability, and/or any other legally protected status under applicable federal, state, and local equal opportunity laws. The statements below as well as the requests for self-identification are required pursuant to these regulations. We encourage your participation in meeting these federal reporting requirements which are included for protection and to assist us in our record keeping and reporting. Your responses are kept strictly confidential.
STScI sees the diversity of our staff as a strategic priority in our desire to create a first-rate scientific community. We reflect that deep commitment in strongly encouraging women, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals to apply for these opportunities.
Veterans, disabled individuals or wounded warriors needing assistance with the employment process can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V Voted to the Baltimore Magazine Hall of Fame in 2015 – Top 25 Places to Work in Baltimore.