President, Post-Acute Network
The President of Sentara Post-Acute Network is responsible for the strategy and implementation of Sentara Post-Acute services, both owned and contracted in each of the Sentara Markets. The scope of the role includes overall responsibility for over 2000 employees throughout Virginia and eastern North Carolina in an overall strategy to accomplish the goals for the system in the years 2018-2022.
A Masters Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Medicine or a closely related field.
Demonstrated record of accomplishment as a healthcare leader.
Minimum of 10 years of executive healthcare experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proven leadership across the continuum of care with innovative models
• Experience in leading high-performance teams: Candidates should be proven leaders with a record of accomplishment leading outstanding teams of executives and achieving results through the contributions of that team.
• Ability to create models of care with a focus on value for the patient.
• Consistent record of accomplishments and the capability/flexibility to operate effectively leading change as well as effectively managing change at the hospital level.
• Adaptability and Flexibility: Must function well in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong Communication Skills: Transparency and an open communication style will be important as the facility grows and becomes a healthy “disruptor” in the market. He/she must be accessible and deemed approachable by employees and physicians.
• Ability to navigate within the context of a successful regional integrated delivery system while maintaining the face of the organization in the local community
• Physician network development and management, and clinical quality and process management.
• Broad Understanding and Experience within the Health care continuum. Documented strength(s) related to the creation/maintenance of a productive environment that promotes innovation and risk taking.
• Experience in working with physicians and physician contracts. A leader that understands how to maximize the utilization of physician resources.
• Committed Community leader: representing Sentara at a senior level within the community.