Information Technology Specialist (Information Security)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- U.S. Citizenship is required for federal employment.
- Selective Service registration required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Background investigation is required.
- You may be required to serve a one (1) year probationary period.
- Be sure to read the "How To Apply" section for all required documents
Additional Conditions of Employment:
- Security and Background Requirements: Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. If hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection or appropriate disciplinary action.
- E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- Pre-employment physical required: No
- Drug testing required: No
- License required: No
- Mobility agreement required: No
- Immunization required: No
- Bargaining Unit Position: No
- Incentives may be authorized; however, this is contingent upon funds availability. If authorized, certain incentives will require you to sign a service agreement to remain in the Federal government for a period of up to 3 years. Note: This statement does not imply nor guarantee an incentive will be offered and paid. Incentives include the following: moving expenses, recruitment or relocation incentive; student loan repayment, superior qualifications appointment, creditable service for annual leave for prior non-federal work experience or prior uniformed military service, etc.
All qualification requirements must be met by 11:59 pm (Eastern Time) on 06/18/2018. In order to qualify for Information Technology Specialist (Information Security), 2210, at GS - 14, you must meet the following:
- You must possess 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level or equivalent band level of responsibility in the Federal Service that demonstrates competence in attention to detail, customer service, oral communication, and problem solving. In addition, experience which has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skill and ability to successfully perform in this position. Specialized experience includes planning and organizing Information System Security (ISS) feasibility, analytical and impact studies, coordinating, developing and implementing ISS policies, procedures and monitoring compliance. Experience servicing as the representative and focal point for all matters concerning IT Security.
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3.Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- If you are serving, or have served in the last 5 years (from 06/18/2018) as an Executive Branch political, Schedule C, or Non-career SES appointee, HHS/FDA may be required to obtain approval by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) prior to beginning employment. You can find out if you have held one of these appointment types by looking at your Standard Form 50s in your Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF), in Section 5 where the legal authorities are listed. If you have served or are currently serving, you must provide a copy of your SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, documenting this appointment. In addition, you will be required to respond to the question in the assessment and certify your responses to the questionnaire. Political Appointee FAQ - OPM
- Direct-Hire Authority: Veteran's Preference, Schedule A, CTAP, and ICTAP provisions do not applyto positions advertised under a direct-hire authority. This position is open to all U.S. Citizens and all qualified candidates will be referred for consideration. The hiring manager may select from any of these qualified candidates without regard to veteran's preference or any other status eligibility.
- Selective Service Registration: Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. You can learn more by visiting the Selective Service Registration site.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the job opportunity announcement closes (at 11:59 pm ET on 06/18/2018), applicants will be reviewed to determine eligibility for Federal employment and qualification for this position specifically. Because this position is being advertised under a direct-hire authority, all qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for consideration. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics). You do not have to respond to the KSA's separately, but your resume should contain sufficient information to demonstrate possession of the Competencies/KSA's.
1. Knowledge in techniques, tools, and market trend in how Information system Security (ISS) is applied to all IT environments.
2. Knowledge of federal laws and regulations, IT policies, principles, and acquisition of the technology of systems and applications software in order to develop and apply ISS guidelines.
3. Ability to plan and organize feasibility, analytical, and impact studies for ISS trends and new development on IT Infrastructure.
4. Ability service as the representative and focal point of DIO for all matters concerning IT Security and investments.