Public Relations and Marketing Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Digital Marketing Assistant
The George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School seeks an Digital Marketing Assistant for the C. Boyden Gray Center for the Study of the Administrative State on the Arlington, VA., campus. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Reporting to the Gray Centerâ€™s Event Planner & Communications Specialist, the Digital Marketing Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Centerâ€™s staff, developing content for and managing the Gray Centerâ€™s website and social media accounts, developing content or various marketing projects, and providing general support for the Gray Centerâ€™s events and programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing content for and managing the Gray Centerâ€™s website
- Managing and editing photography, video, and digital content
- Planning and executing the Gray Centers email marketing strategy; sending out newsletters
- Developing and designing marketing materials for the Gray Centerâ€™s events
- Assisting with daily social media tasks including tweeting, tagging, and reposting articles and blog posts
- Creating Cvent event templates for events; maintaining the Gray Centerâ€™s contacts database, including organizing and updating contact information and email lists; Maintaining the Cvent templates and serving as point of contact
- Preparation of event materials
- On-site event assistance
- Other administrative and office duties as assigned by the Gray Center Staff Required Qualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent organizational skills, with the proven ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities effectively
- Self-starter, highly motivated and detail oriented
- Ability to interact with people at all levels, including high-level officials in government and academia, in a professional manner and in different settings
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends
- Experience designing or managing WordPress sites Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Microsoft Office products as well as strong database experience
- Experience with Adobe InDesign
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience with Cvent software
- Experience with graphic design
- Experience with photography, videography, and media editing
- Basic understanding of SEO
This is not a supervisory position.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :