Part-time Faculty American Pre-Academic & Professional ESL (APPE) Program
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job TitlePart-time Faculty American Pre-Academic & Professional ESL (APPE) Program
Job Description SummaryThe Montgomery College American Pre-Academic & Professional ESL (APPE) Program provides English as a second language instruction to help learners develop their English skills for academic study, work advancement, and general communication. As a part of the APPE program, adjunct faculty will design and teach their course(s) based on the program's curriculum. Instructors teach on either the Rockville or Takoma Park campuses. Courses meet between four and ten hours a week.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on student enrollment needs. *** Courses in the APPE program are compensated at a different rate than those in the credit program.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparing the class and submitting a class syllabus based on the APP
- Program curriculum
- Teaching the course
- Reporting grades and completing end of course paperwork
- Attendance at occasional faculty meetings is encouraged
- MA in TESOL or Applied Linguistics or closely related field. (Occasionally those nearing completion of their MA degree are considered).
- English language teaching experience
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- MA in TESOL or Applied Linguistics
- Experience teaching Academic oriented ESL in colleges and/or universities
- Experience learning another language
- Experience living in another culture
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
- As a condition of employment, the candidate must successfully complete a background check.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.