Senior A/V Technician
Do you love all things Audio/Visual? Have you led A/V production for live, high-profile events where sound and video quality make the difference in an event being streamed by millions and not seen or heard at all? The Washington Post is looking for a Senior A/V Technician to manage and oversee all our A/V for internal and public-facing events.
In this role you will:
- Manage and internally staff the A/V production of all events in The Washington Post Live Center, such as town halls, meet-ups, leadership development workshops, cultural events, etc.
- Working with the Live Events Manager, coordinate the A/V production for our Post Live events.
- Recommend scope and technical capacity requirements for events and determine whether internal or external production should be used and implement the production accordingly.
- Maintain the control room for The Washington Post Live Center, ensuring high quality equipment condition, accessibility, and maintenance scheduling.
- Manage our vendor relationships and contracts as related to external A/V production, manufacturing and installation companies.
- Make suggestions and recommendations to increase efficiency and effectiveness within the A/V operations.
- Consult and ideate with the event teams and executives for future enhancements for the live event experience.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5-7 years of experience overseeing live A/V production responsibilities.
- 5+ years of live production experience in a specialized role
- 2-4 years managing vendor relationships and contracts.
- A good working knowledge of current A/V standards such as HDMI, HDCP, Dolby Atmos and others.
- Experience using Crestron and Blackmagic Design systems.
- Strong analytical and proven technical problem-solving skills, along with the ability to convey decision making to senior managers and customers.
- A natural curiosity to learn about our business and be able to provide insight into new opportunities for innovation and improvement.
- The ability to problem solve in fast paced and high-pressure situations
- The ability to work alone and in a collaborative environment.
- The flexibility to work evenings and weekends, based on event schedules.