Director, Online Marketing & Fundraising
This is an opportunity to help define, shape and grow a new online division at one of the most prestigious animal welfare and conservation organizations, while reaching supporters and advocates in fifteen countries on five continents in nine languages.
IFAW is looking for a highly analytical and experienced online marketing and fundraising professional to lead and manage our global online fundraising efforts. As Director of Online Marketing & Fundraising, your core focus will be to develop and implement the online strategy necessary to help achieve IFAW’s annual online revenue targets.
Position Summary/ Objective
The Director will lead an international online fundraising, advocacy and engagement strategy to acquire new supporters while converting and retaining one time and lifelong donors online. The ideal candidate will have deep expertise building highly effective online fundraising campaigns employing both best-in-class tactics to garner individual donations (e.g. email campaigns) as well as new and more innovative initiatives to spur larger fundraising initiatives (e.g. crowdfunding or peer-to-peer).
Working collaboratively with Brand Marketing, Development (major, mid level and direct), Engineering and the Analytics teams , this individual will be an effective internal champion for new revenue opportunities and will have strong management experience to lead and inspire online fundraising initiatives in the U.S. and abroad.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for annual online fundraising budget, including the management of monthly spend, setting annual KPIs and targets, quarterly forecasting against revenue goals and weekly/monthly reporting against revenue targets; articulate targets for future growth via 5 year plan.
- Concept, develop and implement online fundraising strategies and campaigns to drive donation across relevant online channels, including IFAW’s global database.
- Collaborate with marketing, as well as outside vendors and creative resources on the development and execution of best-in-class creative assets for online fundraising (e.g. designers, developers, writers, videographers).
- Work with analytics team to define and maintain online fundraising metrics and reporting, providing visibility to executive team for all facets of online fundraising while promoting a culture of evaluation, testing (A/B) and evolution.
- Optimize donor experience and journey online, overseeing strategy for optimizing landing pages and overall online experiences for advocates and donors.
- Collaborate with web technology team as needed to provide direction in the selection and implementation of core online fundraising technologies Support effort to develop “web savvy” staff and leadership worldwide. Provide guidance in ongoing development and training to ensure IFAW staff are recruited, positioned, organized and skilled to achieve IFAW’s online fundraising objectives annually.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 7+ years online fundraising experience
- 3+ years managing a 3+ person high-performance online fundraising team
- Deep understanding of online fundraising fundamentals; extensive hands on experience developing campaigns and raising funds across multiple online platforms and tools (e.g. email / database, social (e.g. crowdfunding / peer-to-peer etc.)
- Proven track record directing large scale email marketing campaigns inclusive of strategy development, list segmentation, A/B testing and translation preferably on a global scale; experience with email service providers; Salesforce experience a must.
- Direct experience working with donors and establishing programs that touch upon all phases of online donation from lead gen to conversion and retention.
- Deep understanding of online marketing fundamentals (paid, earned, owned) as well as how different marketing channels compliment each other.
- Comfortable working with creative teams to develop and produce effective campaigns as well as with product/engineering teams to optimize landing pages and websites.
- Ability to analyze/synthesize complex data including acquisition costs and LTV and utilize it to develop strategic initiatives; knowledge of Google Analytics and other reporting tools.
- Proven track record in successfully managing large, complex expense and revenue budgets
- Highly collaborative and skilled manager capable of leading a multicultural, international team to meet demanding deadlines and fundraising targets.
- Ability to research and stay ahead of industry trends and share findings with internal stakeholders.
- Some domestic and international travel required