Supervisory Market Analyst (Deputy Director)
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Your resume must include information that emphasizes progressive leadership responsibilities for positions held to include the scope and complexity, program accomplishments, and results of executive actions taken. Additionally, the resume must include information that addresses how your qualifications relate to the Mandatory Technical Qualifications (MTQs) and the Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs).
Mandatory Technical Qualifications:
1. In-depth knowledge and thorough comprehension of the operation of the financial markets so as to assess and understand market structure issues of critical importance to the Commission. Ability to direct financial market research and analysis
2. General knowledge of financial market policy making, as well as, an in-depth knowledge of trading, strategies, and participants; risk management practices; technological innovations; financial products; financial exchange operations; or financial industry practices.
3. Ability to invent new techniques or creatively apply existing techniques or knowledge in order to solve problems posed by complexity, size, lack of existing literature, or unavailability of data.
Mandatory Executive Core Qualifications:
1. Leading Change - The ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. Leading People - The ability to lead people toward meeting the organization’s vision, mission, and goals. Inherent is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. Results Driven -The ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4. Business Acumen - The ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
5. Building Coalitions - The ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
Relocation. Relocation expenses will not be paid.
Probationary Period. Candidates selected under competitive examining procedures will subject to a one year probationary period to include a supervisory probationary period.
EEO Policy Statement. The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation. Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
The law prohibits public officials from appointing, promoting, or recommending their relatives. The law prohibits requesting, making, transmitting, accepting, or considering political recommendations for employment or other personnel actions for non-political positions. This includes recommendations from Members of Congress, Congressional employees, elected state or local officials, and political party officials and any recommendation based on party affiliation.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be screened for basic eligibility according to the qualification requirements below. The quality and extent of your total accomplishments, experience, and education will be evaluated by a rating and ranking panel according to criteria in the Technical and Executive Core Qualifications. Using this criteria, a panel of subject matter experts will place your application in one of three predefined categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified or Qualified. Within each category, those entitled to veterans’ preference who have supplied all appropriate documentation will be listed at the top of the category in which they are placed. Minimally qualified preference eligibles with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the highest quality category. Best Qualified applicants will be referred to the Selecting Official first and may undergo an interview and reference check.
Failure to provide evidence when submitting your narrative statements that describes fully and concisely how your experience meets the competencies described in the Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) and Mandatory Technical Qualifications will eliminate you from consideration.
NOTE: MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS and EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS must be addressed separately in a supplemental narrative statement.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation