Business Services Coordinator
The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution, a non-profit, membership/volunteer service organization with its National Headquarters located near the White House, is seeking a full-time Business Services Coordinator to join its staff.
This position will oversee telecommunication services, and facilitate the purchasing, acquisition, tracking and maintenance of all office supplies, business equipment, furnishings, and facilities and business related services on behalf of all departments within the building complex. Responsibilities will include telephone system administration, maintenance and programming, as well as serving as a primary switchboard operator.
This position is also responsible for assisting staff or departments in researching, reviewing and coordinating bids or proposals for equipment, maintenance agreements or other miscellaneous contracts for services, and working with department leaders on documenting business continuation and emergency preparedness.
- Minimum two to three years of office management /administrative support or purchasing/procurement experience, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
- Minimum two years of vendor client or customer service experience which includes answering telephones
- Experience overseeing and administering telecommunication systems, services and equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple vendors in obtaining equipment/ supply information, placing orders, project/equipment proposals or quotes, equipment troubleshooting issues and setting-up procurement schedules
- Must be able to effectively organize and track orders and manage inventory of supplies and other equipment and materials.
- Must be able to juggle multiple tasks or projects and utilize effective follow-up capabilities
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in resolving issues, streamlining systems and procedures
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office
For more information about the DAR please visit our website at www.dar.org
Submit cover letter and resume along with salary requirements to:
1776 D Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20006
Fax: (202) 737-5702