Job Title: Bilingual Preschool Teacher (Spanish and English)
Reports to: Preschool Director
Salary Range: 30K
Our mission is to inspire children, through quality care and instruction, to live purposefully through language immersion, companionship, laughter, mathematics, critical thinking, clean food, physical education, and entrepreneurship.
We are seeking a Bilingual Preschool Teacher who is a natural leader and one who is passionate about early childhood education and interested in learning a unique educational approach. Additionally, we are seeking a person who is interested in serving with us for the long term, knows early childhood education, language immersion, and seeks to build children to become school ready and good human beings.
Summary: The Bilingual Preschool Teacher oversees individual classroom activities, ensuring that all children have a safe, happy, and stimulating educational environment via utilizing the Adon Education Model. The Bilingual Preschool Teacher ensures all wheels are turning in the right direction within their individual classrooms, by supervising classroom staff, keeping an open line of communication with all parents, over accentuating customer service, modeling exemplary leadership skills, and creating an upbeat classroom culture.
The typical work schedule for this position is 7:45 AM – 4:45 PM Monday thru Friday. However, the BPT is expected to stay after the regular tour of duty if an emergency arises, if a parent wants to have a meeting, or for any extenuating circumstance as determined by the Preschool Director.
Developing Program and Curriculum
The Bilingual Preschool Teacher is responsible for ensuring the Adon Education Model is implemented with fidelity. In addition to implementation, the Bilingual Preschool Teacher is responsible for providing daily instruction to all students.
Supervisory: The teacher supervises classroom aides.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develop activities to stimulate children’s imagination
- Create fun, tactile, purposeful, daily lessons for preschool children
- Become familiar with emergency procedures and protocol
- Clean and sterilize equipment and toys daily
- Provide weekly schedules and educational updates for children and parents
- Supervise and ensure that all children are safe at all times
- Integrate special needs children in a respectful manner
- Create arts and crafts for children
- Comfort children in times of need
- Encourage children with expressions and hugs
- Discuss development with parents
- Identify problems and convene with professionals if necessary
- Promote literacy and early education
- Collaborate with colleagues to best plan for all children
- Daily exposure to the outdoors.
- Work involves exposure to moderate to high noise levels.
- Work environment involves exposure to risk of injury and/or illness which require following necessary safety precautions.
- This position will participate in a random alcohol and drug testing pool under Adon Education Model, LLC guidelines.
- Ability to function independently and ability to speak. Physically able to lift up to 50 lbs. (with or without assistance). This position also may require long periods of standing up and walking.
Educational and Age Requirements:
- Be at least 21 years old;
- Holds an associate's or higher degree with approved courses in early childhood education
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working under supervision primarily with preschoolers in a licensed child care center, nursery school, church-operated school, or similar setting, or as a registered family child care provider caring for preschoolers; or
- Minimum of 1 year of college, or a combination of experience and college that together are equivalent to 1 year
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Smart enough to know when to put down your cell phone down
- Ready to be creative and think independently with minimal supervision
- Possess program planning and implementation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Software
- Ability to redirect student behavior
- Ability to maintain strict confidentially
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Spanish
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with diverse staff and client population
- Ability to navigate the community to build relationships
Apply for Spanish Teacher
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly