EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries--EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems-- EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what's possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
EchoStar Corporation in our Office of the General Counsel, Germantown, Maryland, is currently seeking a Corporate Counsel, Litigation who will be responsible for providing expert legal support.'
- Will have direct involvement in all aspects of U.S. and international litigation and other dispute resolution, with significant emphasis on patent disputes, in both judicial and administrative tribunals, from initial issue identification through resolution.
- Work in partnership with outside counsel and other in-house attorneys and staff to develop and drive case strategies as an active team member, including all infringement, validity, and enforceability positions, and as needed, freedom to operate analysis.
- Hands-on involvement in such things as witness interviews, discovery (production, support and/or conduct of depositions, drafting of discovery responses), motion and brief drafting, trial preparation (including witness selection and preparation, selection of trial exhibits, drafting of jury instructions, etc.), and participation at trial and on appeal
- Advise management on IP issues, including complex issues of significant financial and legal risk to the company.
- Perform independent research, analysis and business partner counseling on complex and/or strategically important issues.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the Company's business and technology strategy, as well as continuously learn about current and historic technologies.
- Manage outside counsel, particularly in litigation and other dispute resolution.
- Foster strong working relationship between legal department and other relevant departments within the company.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technology field, preferably electrical engineering or computer science/engineering.
- A Juris Doctorate and active state bar membership.
- 5+ years directly related experience in a law firm or as in-house counsel, including significant experience with patent litigation.
- General knowledge and exposure across a broad spectrum of legal disciplines.
- Ability to not only provide sound legal advice within area of expertise, but also to think strategically about the broader implications of how an issue affects the relevant business area, other business areas, and the entire enterprise.
- Experience with domestic and international intellectual property issues and transactions.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with business leaders, technologists, and other members of the law department in a global enterprise.
- Exceptional integrity, outstanding analytical skills and strategic thinking, exceptional judgment and a record of managing complex legal matters.
- Exceptional ability for collaboration, team work and motivation of others through thought leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple, competing priorities.
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.