DISD Business Development Director
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries--EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems-- EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what's possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
Hughes is seeking a Director of Business Development to join our Defense Systems team in Germantown, Maryland. This person possesses deep knowledge of the SATCOM domain and has a strong background in selling terminal segment and B/W solutions to defense agencies and the ability to hold high-level technical discussions with peers, internal technical personnel and client/partner technical personnel. With an entrepreneurial spirit, and a strong desire to help clients, he/she will use outstanding business and technical skills in identifying solutions for clients.
- Direct development and sale of defense communications systems in the Intelligence Community.
- Represent Hughes directly to government agencies and to strategic prime contractors at all levels of the organization, especially military officers, high ranking civilians and senior management; but also effective in engaging with technical leaders, evaluators, and other technical stakeholders/influencers.
- Business development/selling responsibility and overall sales management responsibility.
- Guide sales efforts to expand business with existing customers and use his/her existing networks of senior contacts to win new customers.
- Work with partners to conceptualize win-win scenarios for partnering.
- Lead Hughes Network Systems activities for joint sales and marketing with partners and maintains frequent contact and communications with these partners.
- Must be U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident - position requires access to U.S. export restricted materials'(ITAR)
- Bachelors of Science required, preferably in engineering, telecommunications or computer science
- 10 or more years of marketing DoD business opportunities
- 10 or more years of development and sale of Defense Communications Systems
- 5 or more years of experience with satellite 'communications
- 5 or more years of experience with the DoD communications community including major commands, classified customers and the airborne ISR community
- TS/SCI clearance with CI poly required
- Master's Degree, Minor in English, Communication or business preferred
- International Language Skills are a plus
- Experience communicating technical capabilities and solutions to customers
- Previous military experience, especially in the acquisitions community
- Previous experience within the intelligence community
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.
Apply for DISD Business Development Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly