Principal Engineer II- Software
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries--EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems-- EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what's possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
Hughes has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Engineer within the software development team. This position would be located at our office in Germantown, MD. This position will help Hughes develop software applications to enhance our suite of ActiveTechnologies (https://www.hughes.com/technologies/multi-branch-technologies/active-technologies).'
The right candidate will be working on developing client/server applications that are used to carry different types of traffic based. The traffic between the client and server is prioritized based on classification rules.
- Design and develop secure, innovative solutions for terrestrial systems.
- Technical lead responsible in leading a multi-functional engineering team.
- Contribute to all aspects of the product life cycle (requirements, concept, design, development, automated testing and support)
- Work effectively across multiple functional groups.
- Provide training to Sales and Operations on new solutions and technologies.
- Master's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience in development in networking technologies.
- 10+ years solid knowledge of development in C and C++.
- 10+ years of experience in system design and software development.
- 5+ years of experience in development related to networking technologies.
- 5+ years of Scripting skills (e.g., Perl, Python, shell scripting).
- Excellent knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP).
- Linux programming and debugging.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills, result oriented and self-motivated.
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.