Principal Engineer - Hardware
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries--EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems-- EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what's possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
At Hughes we are developing some of the largest and most powerful satellite and terrestrial IP-based communications systems in the world. Our ground segment group in Germantown, Maryland has the need for hardware engineering professionals to help us achieve our vision of providing broadband connectivity everywhere.' As a Principal - Hardware, your role is to bring best-in-class solutions to our satellite communications products and high-throughput ground network systems.
- Design and develop innovative technical hardware solutions for satellite and terrestrial IP-based communications systems in the areas of circuit, microwave, DSP, and packaging design
- Participate-in a multi-functional engineering team environment to develop and integrate hardware, software, and network technology for products and systems
- Analyze customer needs and establish product objectives, specifications and technical solutions to ensure products satisfy customer requirements and deliverables
- Contribute to all aspects of the product life cycle (concept, development, integration, qualification, acceptance, delivery, and maintenance)
- Work effectively across multiple corporate functions including business, engineering, operations, and manufacturing
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering (EE, ME, CE)
- 10+ years of experience with in-depth knowledge and experience in one or more of the following disciplines:' Digital/Analog circuit design, RF/Microwave design, Digital Signal Processing, Communications Theory, Electronics Packaging
- Background and technical knowledge of systems including leading edge hardware design experience with satellite and/or terrestrial IP-based user terminal architectures and systems
- Ability to lead cross technical engineering teams in design and development projects with external customer deliverables
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.
Apply for Principal Engineer - Hardware
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly