Senior HVAC Technician
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries--EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems-- EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what's possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
Hughes is seeking a'Senior HVAC Mechanic'to assist engineers with the preventative and corrective maintenance the HVAC/mechanical/electrical systems.'Assists with installations and upgrades of equipment. Monitors and troubleshoots connections, traffic, and outages. Has understanding of various responsibilities and troubleshooting techniques involving HVAC systems.
- Assist'workers engaged in installation, repair, and service of environmental control systems.
- Fabricate, assemble, and install duct-work and chassis parts.
- Cut, bend, fit, thread'and join'piping and tubing.
- Install'air and water filters. Adjusts controls as necessary.
- Connect, adjust, and troubleshoot'temperature controls systems.
- Lubricate'fans, motors, and control units. Must be able to follow blueprints or engineering specifications
- Perform'general facilities'maintenance tasks'including snow removal, painting, cleaning, landscaping, and other tasks as assigned.
- Will be one of a team of three primary HVAC technicians responsible for the facility's HVAC systems
- Perform trade work such as maintenance, repair, and installation of HVAC equipment
- Support the commercial systems (installed between 1980 and 2000) at our headquarters facility, but will also provide support to our two other facilities in Gaithersburg
*Qualification/Skills (Know of the Job)
- High School Diploma
- CFC Certified
- 5 or more years of experience troubleshooting, servicing, repairing and/or replacing medium to large commercial HVAC (not residential) systems with minimal supervision, including Liebert Systems Boxes
Essential Qualifications:'Must be able to do the following with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Travel within the Germantown/Gaithersburg area to support our three (3) facilities in Montgomery County
- Be On-Call which rotates for one (1) week approximately every six (6) weeks
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.
Apply for Senior HVAC Technician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly