Hughes currently has an opportunity available for an Advisory Engineer. This is a senior position on a System Engineering Design team responsible for full lifecycle design to field analysis of current and future Satellite systems that provide both Consumer and Enterprise Data Communication services. The successful candidate must have a proven track record of expertise in: TCP/UDP/IPv6/IPv6, Internet Protocols (HTTPS, DNS, etc.), and Network Architectures. Desired areas of expertise include but are not limited to: Prioritization and Flow Control under Congestion, Satellite/Wireless Bandwidth Assignment Protocols, Statistical Analysis, Security protocols, Network Management, and Software Architecture.
Knowledge expected to be deep and broad covering all layers of satellite/wireless communications. Expect participation in industry fora, as needed, to both observe and contribute to areas that require input on satellite transport. This is an individual contributor role, but job expects technical leadership of junior engineers, as required.
- Gather and understand system requirements, including operational concepts,
- Strategy for new features and capabilities along with associated filing for patent applications when applicable,
- Performing complex trade studies,
- Design protocols,
- Design and validate complex algorithms,
- Own key architectural aspects of the design
- Document design and review
- Analyze the performance in the lab and field to determine algorithmic, design, and/or operating point improvements.
- Masters in Computer Engineering, System Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or closely related field with 20 years of experience in a relevant technical field.
- At least 20 years of experience working with TCP/UDP/IPv6/IPv6, Internet Protocols (HTTPS, DNS, etc.), and Network Architectures
- Experience with Prioritization and Flow Control under Congestion, Satellite/Wireless Bandwidth Assignment Protocols, Statistical Analysis, Security protocols, Network Management, and Software Architecture.
- Ability to train and mentor junior engineers
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.