Senior Accounting Assistant I - NE5
Hughes has an exciting job opportunity for a Senior Accounting Assistant to support Corporate Accounts Payable in our Finance organization. The candidate selected for this opportunity will join a TEAM of individuals focused on corporate operational accounting responsibilities in Gaithersburg, MD.
- Accountable for established corporate processes & procedures for the Accounts Payable department
- Have some knowledge of uploading vendor invoices files into financial reporting system
- Data entry of vendor invoices (completing 3 way match)
- Sort and file processed invoices for weekly check run
- Match check copies to appropriate vendor invoices and ensure that all remittance backup is included with payment
- Process payments in accordance with set vendor payment terms
- Complete monthly service invoice accruals
- Work closely with Procurement on any invoice discrepancies including price, quantity or goods receipt issues.
- Resolve customer invoice disputes
- Review vendor statements regularly to ensure that all invoices listed have been received
- High-school diploma or GED
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Accounts Payable or relevant equivalent experience
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively interact and work with internal and external customers both verbally & written
- Strong communication skills to work through analysis and issues that arise on accounts
- A team-player with a desire to contribute high-quality work resulting in success for the overall team and company.
- Knowledge of SAP Accounts Payable system
- Efficient use of Microsoft Office applications expected (Excel and Word) as well as 10-key calculator
- Basic understanding of bookkeeping principles is required
- Able to work well independently & process a large volume of mail, invoices & inquiries on a daily basis
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.